17: IT GETS ANNOYING

"Cameron will you get your head out of the fridge and get here now?" Chase yells at Cam.

"Okay okay I'm coming jeez" Cameron says, a plate of leftover cake in his hands.

He settles down on the floor between Jayden and Mason as we turn the laptop on.

Damian McHolden's face pops up and we all greet, "hey Damian"

"Coopers" he nods in acknowledgment.

Damian works at the agency, he's one of the heads there, he's also one of the people in charge of assigning missions.

"Okay guys, listen up"

I reach over and smack the back of Jayden's head and his head snaps up and he instantly stops texting Alexis and pays attention.

"Okay, so we have Intel that top secret united states government files have been stolen and will be sold. That kind of information can be used to control the public from outside the grid"

I roll my eyes, "top secret united states government files are always stolen, it gets annoying"

Damian chuckles, "yeah well Dylan that's why we're here. They will be sold to the highest bidder soon but we don't have all the facts concerning whom and when. So till then, you six will be on standby. Your job is to find out who stole it, who is buying it and retrieve the files, no peeking"

His gaze travels to Mason who smiles sheepishly. Yeah, he's had a record with peeking.

"We'll make sure of that Damian don't worry" Chase assures him, ruffling Masons hair.

Damian nods, "okay, I'll send over the details, remember, be on standby"

***

"Sophie I have nothing to wear" I whine into the phone.

She sighs, "I'm sorry Dylan, I wish I could be there"

On the night I need best friend fashion advice, she just had to be on a stakeout.

I collapse on the pile of clothes strewn all over my bed and sigh, "what does one even where to the movies?"

"Casual and chick"

I scoff, "yeah cause I know what that means"

I can just tell she's rolling her eyes, an amused smile playing on her lips.

"Okay first, how'd you feel about those black ripped jeans, you haven't worn them in a while and they make your butt look good"

I sit up and locate the pair of jeans and hold them up, "yeah" I muse, "they could work"

I can hear the smile in her voice when she speaks, "okay good. Now no t-shirts and no sweatshirts do you have any blouses?"

"Nope"

She groans, "I knew we should have done this yesterday"

I shrug, "but we didn't, hurry Sophie, the date is in 3 hours"

"Oh, so its a date?" There's a sly smile on her face, I just know it.

"Shut up Soph and help me"

Her cheeky laughter fills my ears before she finally calms down, "okay okay, check the back of your closet where I keep my clothes in case I wanna stay over, I think I have a crop top in there somewhere"

I huff and head to the back of my closet, her pink duffle bag is sitting there and I open it, rummaging through the clothes there.

My fingers find a white crop top with a splashy paint design, its cute and won't reveal too much of my mid riff.