30: TALK ABOUT MASK OFF

Dedicated to brandybear2

To say I don't have a plan is an understatement, I'm in the back of a cab, gnawing my nails off and running different scenarios of how this could all go down.

On a completely unrelated note, it's about time we all bought our own personal cars.

When I arrive in school, I can see that everything is well underway.

The spring fling takes place in the school courtyard but I can hear the music and festivities, from the entrance.

After paying and getting out, I take a deep breath and enter the school, still waiting on that brilliant plan.

When I reach the courtyard, I have to admit that the committee really outdid themselves, pretty fairy lights have been strung round the space, on tree branches. Under said trees, chairs have been arranged and on the opposite sides are two long tables filled with food. There's a DJ in front and a makeshift dance floor in the middle.

The girls are dressed in cocktail dresses and the boys are wearing shirts and pants.

It's basically a typical spring dance. Not that I've ever actually been to one.

After a quick look around, I see my brothers and their girlfriends in different spots.

Jay and Alexis are dancing along with Cam and Sophie, Zach is making Dana toss meatballs into his open mouth by the food tables and Mason and Janelle are talking against the wall.

Another quick search and my eyes land on the people I came here for, Ethan and Phoebe.

I watch as they leave the dance floor to take a seat underneath a tree, Ethan says something in her ear and she blushes, tucking her hair behind her ear. That innocent act turns my blood to lava.

Who does she think she is? If she wants to mess with me, she should mess with me and no-one else, definitely not Ethan.

I need to get her away from him so that I can confront her, then stop myself from killing the bitch.

I also see Tammy, dressed in the sluttiest outfit she could find, with one of the boys on the football team, but it's obvious she couldn't care less about him as she's glaring daggers into Phoebe's skull.

I smile a little, who'd have thought I'd miss the time when Tammy was the only problem in my relationship (a very loose term) with Ethan. I'd take a petty, spoilt brat over a trained psychopath with a degree in performing arts any day.

I lean against a wall, making sure no-one I know sees me, I'm not in the mood to explain anything.

I perk up when Phoebe tells Ethan something and then leaves the courtyard. I leave too, through the other exit and follow her discreetly.

She ends up at her locker, retouching her makeup.

"You look good tonight" I tell her, eyeing her baby blue dress.