e i g h t

The man shoves me onto the ground in an empty room, I groan holding my head from the impact. My eye lids struggle to keep open, they keep drooping shut. My energy is at an all time low, after crying most the night heartbroken over the things Micah said and myself rethinking about my beliefs.

I hear more people come into the room.

"She's Micah's girl," the man who brought me here says.

"Micah's girl, huh?" Another speaks.

"Mm, she was about to call him as well. When he wasn't inside of the diner that night at the shooting.. he was outside with this girl. We use her as leverage to get what we want from him, he'll own up," the first one says.

I sit up, annoyed they are talking about me like I'm not here. "I'm not Micah's girl," I spit. "He won't do want you want."

"Well will see about that pretty girl," the second says. "Call him. Let him know we got something of his. If he wants it back his gotta give us the money."

"I'm not Micah's girl!"

"Shut the fuck up," the second one says pulling me onto my feet. He walks to a door opposite from the one we came in. He pushes me in before slamming it shut. I hear whispers as my body lays against the cold floor.

Lifting my eyes I notice how big the room is. A few beds in one corner with multiple girls on them then the rest on the cold hard floor. I feel a tingle in my spine as they watch me. Keeping my distance I realise the only reason why I'm here is because of Micah, because I'm his girl.

"Rose? Rosalie!" My name is called from further into the room. I know her voice from anywhere, Kathy. She falls into my arms crying, "Rose, what are you doing here?"

"Kathy," I whisper touching her beaten face.

"I'm fine," she lies through her teeth.

"Is Mina here? Sharon? I talked to the police.. Anthony died. God help you, Kathy," I brush her hair back pulling her towards the wall. "What is this place, Kathy?"

"It's terrible," she whispers holding onto me. "They use us, rape and beat, Rose. It's the worst."

"Where's Mina? I'll get us out of here?"

She shakes her head looking at me, "you can't get us out, not me, not Mina or any of these other poor girls. Your just like us now."

"No," I shake my head. "I know someone, he'll help us."

"Rose-"

"Kathy you just have to trust me," I say, "I'm his girl."

She wraps her arms around me crying. We stay like this until the door clicks open again about twenty minutes later, "get Mina and Sharon, I promise you'll be okay just stay near the door." She nods. The second man from the other room grabs me pulling me into his chest. I try to fight him but his strength is no match for mine.

He shoves me back into the other room. My body hurts from being shoved around all day, I don't move anymore. "I told you we had her, why would we lie?" The man speaks. Looking up Micah stands at the door way watching me, "Rose."