s e v e n t e e n

"Yeh, Grace. I'm fine," I say over the phone watching Micah sleep. I tie my hair into a bun waiting for her to reply.

"I was so happy you'd gotten with Micah," she says. "I think you should leave him."

"Grace, I just got lost."

"He shouldn't have left you," she says. One minutes she tells me how great Micah is and then the next she's telling me that I should leave him and that the things his doing to me isn't good. Grace sighs over the phone, "look, Rose I gotta go. I'll talk to you when your back."

"Yeh," I nod. "Cya."

"Love ya, Hun," she makes a kissing noise through the phone.

"Yeh, cya."

Hanging up I walk into the bathroom and turn the bathtub water on. Sitting on the edge of the bath I add some bubble soap watching it foam as the water rises. Since I've woken up I haven't gone down stairs to see to destruction Micah would have created when he was downstairs last night.

Stripping from my clothes I step into the warm water and submerge my body under. Swishing the bubbles around I think back to when I first met Micah and every moment that lead up until last night.

Once I'm out of the bath I step back into the room with a towel wrapped around my body's expecting Micah to be sleeping. He sits on the bed on his phone, his eyes shoot up and he stares at me. My heart races as he puts his phone down on the bed.

My breathe picks up as I watch him through the mirror. "Morning," I blink a few times. Micah rubs his knuckles sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Mm," he nods.

"What time is the flight?" I ask.

♔♔♔

We had an unsaid apology to each other earlier this morning. Micah is a different man when his round his step-father, he becomes emotional and sensitive. Usually, Micah is out there, constantly saying things to me that are sexual, touching me in ways he shouldn't and confident in everything. This trip has shown me another side of Micah. The side I didn't think actually existed.

I want Micah to tell me his story, his life.

"Rose," Micah taps my knee, "are you hungry?"

"No," I shake my head, "I'm fine."

He leans forward kissing my cheek. "I don't think of you as just a fuck, Rose. You are way more than that."

"I know," I nod to his first statement.

It's now I realise I trust this man with my life.

♔♔♔

Micah drops me off at my dorm door. His hands are in his pockets and he seems.. not fully here. I can't tell if his just jet-lagged or it's still from our fight back in Italy. I open the door and find my familiar room just as I left it, my bed sheets made and my books stacked on my desk. I don't even think Grace dropped stuff in here. Slipping my shoes I turn to Micah but he waits out the door.

"Micah?" I ask.

"I'll see you," he glances at me before turning away to the hall.

"Micah," I chase him.

The minute he turns around I kiss him. My fingers sink into his hair as his arms instantly wrap around my waist. I stumble back into the door frame with Micah's lips on mine, his tongue slides into my mouth. I pull my fingers through his hair, my arms around his neck.

"Fuck, Rosalie."

"I hate you," I whisper.

"Good," he presses his lips onto mine.

Micah heaves my legs around his waist, taking me away from the door and onto the bed. Everything that was said, everything that happens - it's all forgotten. If we weren't making out I'd mentally punch myself for letting go of what he said so easily, I know I'm stupid for forgiving him so easily and quickly.

Micah stops himself and lays his body next to mine, his lips touch my cheek and his hand rests over my stomach

On both hands, Micah's knuckles are purple and red. Bruised and cut. He doesn't let me help with the cuts - or anything. In a way I hate myself for trusting this man, sticking around when I know I shouldn't but there's something about him, like he needs me or he'll go crazy.

"You're knuckles," I say, "they'll get infected."

"Stop, Rosalie," he shakes his head sitting up. I sit up also hugging my knees to my chest.

I look away shaking my head. I second guess everything whenever he turns me down like that, so suddenly with no emotion, one minute we're making out then his cold all of a sudden. "Are you mad," I ask, "at me?"

"At you?" He asks back, "never."

"Well what's wrong?" I ask, desperately.

He sighs touching my cheek. Micah gently kisses me and says one last thing before he leaves, "I'm a fuck up, Rosalie. Just remember that."

♔♔♔
username change
updates all round
check out royal blood x