t w e n t y t w o

My hair is still damp from what happened in the shower. Despite the time of night Micah sits on the balcony with a cigarette in hand. Sitting on the bed I watch him, pulling at my wet hair and brushing through the tangles with my fingers.

A car rolls into the driveway.

I stare, confused. It's like eleven at night, why the hell would be here? Abruptly, Micah stands up, he grabs a shirt and looks at me, "stay here, I swear to god if you come down.."

"I won't," I look at him. Micah sighs and leans over kissing my cheek, I touch his shoulder then he disappears down the stairs.

Laying back against the pillow I think of how drastic my life has changed since Micah entered it, I never call my parents anymore and when they were here all I did was lie, I don't remember the last thing in class because all I think about is this man I have and how many promises that I made to myself I brake each day when I'm around Micah.

Walking to the stairs I sit and listen.

A familiar voice speaks, "stop fucking around, your step-father is furious over your rampage over here. He wants to move you back with him in Italy."

"I'd like to see him try," Micah says.

"He'll hit you in your weak spot, Micah."

"She's not apart of this," Micah says, "so don't bring it up."

"What?" The voice laughs, "ignore the two people who have her top on their hit list."

"Starvo," Micah snaps, "shut your fucking mouth."

"Micah, after what you did to Christian.. you can't think his gonna ignore Rosalie.

"He deserved it," Micah says coldly.

Christian.

My heart races, it can't be the same person.

"Do you want to meet her?" Micah asks, "she's upstairs."

"Her choice," Starvo says.

I rush away from the stairs and into the bathroom, pretending to fix my hair. I have to tell Micah that I bumped into someone called Christian. My heart races, I don't know what any of this means.

"Rosalie," Micah calls, "put clothes on and come downstairs."

"Wait," I stick my head out from the bathroom. "Can we talk?"

"Not now."

"Wait, Micah, it's about Christian-"

He cuts me off, "you were listening?"

"I'm sorry-"

"I told you to stay here, not listen to my conversation."

"Which was about me," I defend.

He stares at me coldly, I realise I probably shouldn't have done that. I touch his shoulder, his tense and cold towards me. I look away, "when I was waking here I bumped into someone and he told me his name was Christian and-.. who is he?"

"What?"

"I didn't think it was important.. just- tell me what is so important about this guy? I want a real answer not some stupid 'don't worry about it', Micah."

"Come down," he steps away and heads for the stairs.

I sigh and quickly change into jeans and a shirt before rushing down the stairs.