t w e n t y n i n e

The bleeding stopped exactly nine hours and fifty seven minutes ago. My mind raced with everyone and any thought, I was offered food and drink, safety and hygiene. I declined everything that came out of Christians mouth. Even if I was starving, the only thing I can do is wait and hope Micah saves me. That's if he ever comes, or I'll spend the rest of my life as a waiting game for someone who doesn't care.

In the time I've been here - twenty seven hours, to be exact I've realised that once I'm out of here, once I'm safe, I can't be with Micah anymore. The reason why I'm here is because of him and I can't.. I can't have my life being put up for risk every time Micah does wrong someone.

"Rosalie," Christian grabs my attention. "You shouldn't be scared of me."

"I'm not," I stare away. "I just don't trust you."

"What do you think I'll do? I need you alive, I don't want to put a bullet through your brain unless your lover, Micah doesn't play by my rules. How does that feel? Your life is in the hands of a killer.. don't say some sappy shit a bit him scaring."

"And what if he doesn't do what you say? What if he didn't come here? Like he doesn't care about me?"

"Then I guess your mine."

"But you want nothing to do with me, you could just let me go."

"I guess I win something if it does that way. Now, get up."

"No, I'm staying right here."

"Mm," he nods, kneeling in front of me, "see that camera, there's someone on the other side of that watching us. I could get you on the bed and do whatever the fuck I want as Micah watches, knowing he can't do anything but for your sake.. I'm just going to bring you with me until he comes up with an offer for his pretty Rose to stay safe."

"We both know the only thing you'll except is his life. I don't mean that much to him, to completely trade his life for me."

Christian grips my chin, pulling me towards him. "I don't want to hurt you, unlike your Micah I don't hurt women. Don't make me hurt you."

"Forget about this then," I whisper. "Killing him won't get vengeance, it won't bring your wife and child back."

"Don't talk about them," he shouts pushing me back onto the couch. I groan, pulling my hand to the back of my head, feeling a slight dampness. But I push through the pain at the back of my head, standing up.

"Christian, please. Your wife wouldn't want this, she wouldn't want you to do this. She would want you to find love again and live your life."

"She wouldn't want me hurting you and I know that and I won't fucking hurt you unless that dickhead doesn't listen to me. He took her life and I want his life."

"That isn't vengeance, you don't get payback from that, Christian."

"You don't know what I'll get out of seeing his dead body on the ground." Christian pulls out a gun from his waistband, aiming at my head. The second of worry that hits me is used as his advantage. He takes me into his arms, holding his arm around my neck with the gun pressed against the side of my head, "I won't shoot if you do as I say."

I wonder who will notice first if I die today. Will Christian get someone to deliver my body somewhere, somewhere people will find me? I didn't even get to graduate.. suddenly the times I didn't call my parents or ignore when they called me hurt. Maybe I should have.

I think the last time I talked to my parents was when they visited. In my head, every ounce of wrong I've done without an apology comes crashing to my mind. Good memories are suddenly hard to find and I feel lost.