Part 2 (still editing)

A/n: I'm too lazy to finish editing so imma do it later and just start updating again in the better style. This chapter is like half edited so enjoy that weird transition

   Day two had begun. (L/n) was assigned the name (c/n); she found the title surprisingly fitting. She didn't know what her rank was, but she assumed she would find out as soon as she met her squad. The only problem now was the fact that she was completely and totally lost.
     The ship was huge, she was left alone with nothing but a bag of belongings and the order to find her locker room and meet the rest of her team.
     She had no idea what she was doing.
     But it was fine. She's a capable adult isn't she? She'll figure it out.
The girl wandered the halls, turning corners with her eyes fixated on the room numbers. That is, until she rammed into something quite large.
Correction. Someone.
"S-sorry!" She said shyly as she stepped back.
The man in front of her wore pale purple armor, it's accents were a bright green. He tilted his head slightly as he looked down to her. "Don't worry about it. Hey, I haven't seen you around here before- Wait are you the newbee?" He asked.
The girl nodded.
"Hey nice to meet you! I'm one of your teammates actually." He greeted holding his hand out. The girl shook it promptly. "I was just heading to our area, if you want you're welcome to join me. I'm pretty sure the rest of the gang should be there by now." He said kindly.
The girl agreed, and followed him down the king halls and to the locker room. She looked around. There were a few other soldiers present.
"Hey guys! Meet the new recruit!" The purple soldier said. He waited as the girl entered behind him, and gave a reassuring nod before introducing her to everyone.
There was Maine, New York, Wyoming,  Carolina-
  "I'm assigned North Dakota but call me North, and that pink one over there is my sister, South" he said through her thoughts.
He removed his helmet and flashed a quick smile. The rest of the soldiers gave the girl mixed expressions. A couple were pretty happy to finally meet their new teammate, including the two she had fought earlier. Others didn't care too much, and maybe a few were glaring through their visors.
North noticed the girl in her slightly shy stance and hooked a hand onto her shoulder.
"They're nice when you get to know them, trust me" he smiled.

and then left to go to his locker. You walked in and found the one with your state on it. It was in the middle section at the end of the row. You opened it placing your items neatly in your locker, you liked things in a certain order, and shut it before glancing up and out of a window. There was a huge board in its view, a list of freelancers all ranked with a score next to them. You were shocked to find your name there.

I'm second in the elite squad?!

You smiled to yourself as you examined the name plate on your locker. It looked freshly engraved. "Nice job getting into the elites right away, it's not going to be easy" carolina spoke as she began to exit the locker room. Her voice was almost harsh. The soldiers looked up to her, some looked to you. "Just give us a bit, we're all pretty decent" york called  from across the room.

~time skip~

You've settled in nicely, you quickly made friends with the guys on your team. Men were usually easier for you to talk to when it came to socializing anyways. The girls however, seemed to be a little on edge when you were around, you tried your best to be nice and stay out of their way, and besides, there's no need to be friends with everybody... it's a professional environment-

*CRASH*

A loud sound came from the locker room. You rushed in and saw York on the floor, which was soaked, and everyone laughing. "What in the world happened?!" You yelled half worried, half laughing. "Maine spilled his huge water bottle and York thought it would be funny to try and skate across the water" North snickered. You face palmed and laughed, "Of course that's what happened" you sighed as you stepped over York to get a towel out of your locker before throwing it on top of him, "problem solved" you joked as you grabbed a few things  out of your locker. York sat up and began cleaning up his mess. You shut your locker and started heading out of the room. "Hey where ya going?" York asked as he looked up at you, he was still sitting on the floor. "Training, why?" You asked, looking over your shoulder. "Uhm, cuz it's our one break hour..?" He gave you a confused look. You shrugged, "well I'm spending it bettering myself" you smirked and left for the training room.

~the next day

You woke up at 5:00am like usual and went through your daily routine. Brush your teeth, take a shower, get dressed ect. You headed out of your room and into the locker room being the first one there. You open your locker and glance at the leaderboard for a second seeing your name out of place. Ohhhh no. You stood staring at your name as the others began to walk in. York and North immediately took notice and smirked at you and Maine didn't seem to care.

"Hey, 1st place (C/N)!" North smiled.
You covered your face with your hands, "God damm it I'm gonna die"
York laughed, "I don't know about that but you're right in assuming she's not going to take it well"
The second he said that, she, walked in. You half-jokingly hid behind Maine as Carolina walked in immediately looking at the leader board and growling. She was in 2nd. She turned and glared at you as you went back to your locker and tried to keep from making eye contact. Not too long after, the counselor entered the doorway, "(C/N) and Maine, the director wishes to see you immediately" he stated calmly before exiting. You looked at Maine and he looked back. "Did you do anything?" He nodded no. You didn't do anything that would have gotten you in trouble either. "Guess it's a new assignment" you shrugged as you got your stuff and left. Maine soon followed.

"How could she pass me?!" Carolina blurted out the second you left.
"She has been working hard, C." York dismissed her anger.
She glared at him and then at the board. I don't understand...

~

You and Maine entered the mission planning area as the director briefed you two on the mission. He gave you the details and left the planning to you two. "I'm expecting the best from you two" he said sternly. "Yes sir." You responded before being dismissed.

You and Maine headed out and discussed a plan for the assignment at hand. Planning out every step in detail before your time ran out. The mission begins tomorrow morning.