Part 8

"Hey where's (C/N)?" Wash asked as he entered the break room, "haven't seen her all day..."

"Wow you are always behind on everything wash" York laughed and the others let out separate chuckles.

"C'mon how is it my fault??? I'm just asking a question." Wash whined. "She's in the med bay right now getting some kind of technology implanted. We're all scheduled to get it eventually" north replied so wash would quit worrying. "Implants?!" Wash jumped causing everyone to laugh at him again. "Don't ,worry it's safe." North said as he stood up and put his hand on wash's shoulder before walking over to get some food.

~

You were startled by something causing you to spring up in you recovery bed. It was weird. You were asleep before but something like.. like a whisper in your ear had awoken you.

The second you sat up you immediately regretted moving as an excruciatingly painful headache began to make itself apparent. You let out a quiet cry in pain as you leaned back against the wall behind you and held your head in your hands. Your vision was split and shaky. Your hearing extremely sensitive and your mind raced with unknown thoughts.

What. What is this-

"(C/N)?... (C/N)." An echoed voice called. In that instant all the sounds you had been hearing ceased. The colors and lights that blinded you faded. You looked up and saw what a nurse and the counselor were standing in front of you. The counselor was the one speaking.

"How are you feeling (c/n)?" He asked calmly. You heard him but you had a hard time focusing on anything. Your eyes wandered looking at him, looking at the medical equipment, looking at yourself. You hummed as if you didn't hear him so you'd have time to process his sentences as he asked again.

"I-I'm fine but my head hurts.." you said in a tired voice as you brushed your hair out of your face.

"You seem, anxious" he said.

You looked down to yourself. You were tapping your foot for no reason. You made yourself stop and tried not to look around as much. "Sorry, I'm just.. taking everything in..."

You were asked a multitude of questions about your sight, your hearing, your wellness. They wanted to evaluate how the ai had an immediate affect on the body. Afterwards they handed you your helmet and set you off to return to work as usual. After a few days of adjusting you'd be evaluated. But for now, just get used to your new hardware.

~

You were in the locker room alone putting your stuff away and organizing your locker. No one else was there because it was break hour, so obviously they'd all be relaxing... or at least the guys would..Carolina's been obsessed with training since Tex showed up..

The guys in med bay said it'd be a short while until the actual unit starts up but how long until then-

You felt a sharp pain in your head.

Spoke too soon...

You winced at the pain for a second but opened your eyes to see a small hologram flicker on with a soldier like figure. "Hello, I am the Artificial intelligence unit, Zeta" it said in a somewhat shy male voice. You smirked, for some reason seeing and hearing this thing was sort of fun and cool, "hey, I'm (y/n) but you should probably call me (c/n)"

The ai flickered in front of you. You tilted your head slightly confused. Zeta rubbed the back of his neck, "S-sorry the other units are taking up quite a bit of power..."

"Hey it's fine, lets go cuz it's my break and I bet my friends wanna see you" you said as you put on your helmet and walked out.

~

"Hey guys!" You shouted as you waltzed into the break room. Everyone seemed excited to see you and the equipment. "Where is it? Can I see?!" Wash yelled and you laughed, telling him to calm down.

"C'mon out Zeta" you said and the ai appeared in front of you. Everyone reacted differently but were all astonished by the little holographic person. After a second the ai disappeared and reappeared in front of everyone changing locations several times. He'd circle someone then move onto the next-

"Hey quit analyzing everyone, it's distracting!" You yelled at him as you swatted through the hologram. It stopped and returned to you side before apologizing and flickering once more.

You only flicker when you're apologizing.
[Hmm. Maybe they're related?]
Maybe, zeta..

"It's so small..." wash said in a puzzled and odd tone. "Shut up its really advanced" you said as you shoved him jokingly. He rubbed his arm and laughed saying he was kidding.

Everyone too turns looking and playing with the the hologram as you all spent your break with the new addition.

__________________________
If you didn't pick up on this, bolded italicizes are zeta