Part 14

And here it is. Assignment day. How fun... actually all you did on this day was get the team weekly assignment and then you trained the whole day. It was pretty uneventful so you weren't looking forward to anything, although it was more exciting when you'd get a good mission or a tolerable partner for an assignment.

"Would the leading group make their way to the assignment area as soon as possible" the ship's speakers rang notifying that it was time for the elite squad's assignments.

~

Once all the members arrived to the assignment room the doors were shut. There were a few friendly gestures and whispering between the freelancers but all were hushed by the sound of the counselor on the screen.

"Agents. The director has quite a few assignments for you this coming week."

Everyone stood waiting for the orders.

"First comes first. There will be a larger scale recovery mission regarding some stolen equipment. The whole team will be required for this one, with an exception of Agents Florida and (C/n)"

"What?!" You questioned with a disappointed tone. Florida also seemed a bit confused on why neither of you were permitted to go.

"The director has other plans for you two, now, onto the rest of the assignments-"

You turned to Florida and gave him a confused look as a way of asking if he new what was going on. The dark blue Freelancer shrugged and sent you a similar look.

"Agent Washington and agent York will go on a training mission together-"

You heard York mutter a complaint about training.

"-and Agent Carolina will be given an assignment as well. As for the dates for these assignments... the main mission will be handlers first, you will leave tomorrow. Agents (C/n) and Florida's circumstances will be discussed tomorrow as well. As for the other assignments, you will receive further information after you return from the first."

There were a few murmurs amongst everyone before you all were dismissed to training, which was probably the part you liked the least about your job.

Target practice. Got it, throw knives, shoot a target, simple. Hand to hand combat, also pretty simple. The only thing that was slightly more exciting was the one on ones but even still. It was all routine.

~le time skip~

[Wonder what you and Florida's 'circumstance' is..]
Yeah it seems a little odd that he didn't call it a mission.
[And you're not in the group either.]
Ugh don't remind me.

You sighed and laid back on the pillow behind you. You stared up at the ceiling although it was too dark to really see much. You spent the whole day in intense training that you didn't even need since you weren't going on the mission.

It was weird for you not to be included. Even the others were confused and asking you about it throughout the day. But you didn't have an answer for them, yourself. Why aren't you going?

[Maybe you're getting transferred.]
[Or promoted.]
I don't know, z.

[It's pretty late.]
Yeah..
[Do I need to sign off..?]
You don't have to..

[..]
..
[(Y/n)?]
Code name please.
[You seem.. off.]
Maybe you're the one that's off, lol.
[Ok maybe you're alright after all.]