Part 11

It's been a few weeks since you've gotten your AI. By this point York, North and Wyoming all had their own AI implanted.

Maine was already out of the infirmary. He couldn't speak but other than that he had made a full recovery... Carolina thought itd help him if he had an AI so he could still communicate...

you still felt like there was more you could've done for him but you've been repressing that thought for a bit now, thankfully zeta has learned what and what not to mess with when it comes to your emotions.

~

"Make way, noob" you teased as you passed Wash on the way to your AI theory class. You and wash loved to joke around all the time. Part of which consisted of you teasing him.

"We're going to the same place!" He replied in almost a whine as you joked with him.

You turned to walk backwards while speaking with him, "So~ I've heard you're scheduled for the next one.. excited??"

Wash smiled under his helmet, happy to see that you've been cheering up the past few days. It was almost like back before anything had happened. "Yeah, I've been so jealous I can't wait"

"You should be" zeta appeared next you you.

"Hey, Z" he smiled

"Hello. And I'm also excited to see what the creator will grant you, by the way." Zeta began.

"Nope shut up, bye Z" you cut in. The AI gave you a confused look. "I told you not to bring up the 'creator' now sign off" you glared at him. He sighed before disappearing.

"Creator?" Wash asked.

"Yeah I don't know.. he's obsessed with it, I've talked to York and he says that Delta's the same way. They go on and on about it... gives me a headache..." you sighed with your mood still in its normal cheerful place. "Ugh"

You felt your back hit against the wall and wash started to laugh quietly. He just watched you walk into a wall... great. "Oh shut up you got a grappling hook stuck to your balls once" you growled at him.

"Hey don't bring that up!" He laughed as he pushed you away from him jokingly.

"Ok enough talk, we're gonna be late"

"Right"

~

You sat at the left side of the room a little behind the middle section. The class had been going on for only a few minutes and you already grew bored of it. Or well.. Zeta did and you kinda had to play along.

So there you were tapping your foot and leaning on one of your arms, staring at the monitor that depicted the stages of rampancy for an AI.

Next, you found yourself quietly tapping your fingers on your desk one by one as your eyes wandered around the room.

"C/N"

[(N/N) the counselor's calling you]

"Hm?" You sat up as your eyes shot to the front of the room.

Oh crap I'm dead
[Have fun with that]

"Care to recap what we just went over agent (c/n)?" The counselor asked calmly.

Ugghhh god..

"We just finished.. going over.." you quickly scanned the screen behind him for any clues to help you out. "-the... first stage of rampancy."