Part 28

Well. You managed to figure out what the heck Caboose was talking about. And it wasn't 'this and'. It was the sand. As in a desert...

"Do not under any circumstances move. You have just entered an active mine field" the voice on the megaphone called.

"Wow, great driving grif" you scolded.

"Hey don't blame me for your lousy directions" grif retorted.

"Does thinking count as moving?" Caboose asked, causing an audible sigh from everyone. "Because if it does I think I might've mov- oH I did it again!"

"Shut UP Caboose" grif said.

"Just- hold on, we will guide you out" the man replied.

"Oh great, so we'll just wait for you to come out here" Sarge said.

"What- no, screw that! We're gonna pull up the schematics. Just sit tight-"

"Look what you've gotten us into grif" Sarge huffed.

"Me?! This is (c/n)'s fault"

"Hey, if you have a problem with me come over here and deal with it like a man" you said sarcastically.

"Oh screw you" he replied.

"Hey we can hear you talking, do not move!" The megaphone yelled. Sarge growled and grif turned to him.

"Hey you know, Sarge. Since we may not make it out of this, I think there's a few things I should tell you. You know, since you can't reach me." Grif started.

"Grifff..."

"Like the reason I never listened to you, or followed your orders."

"Griiffff...."

"But I want you to understand, Sarge. It's not because I'm lazy, it's because I don't like you. Or respect you. In any way. I have no positive feelings for you."

Sarge growled and loaded his gun, firing at grif but sadly his weapon was short range and couldn't reach him. Shortly after, the man on the intercom spoke again.

"Okay, were gonna get you out of there! Just listen, and do exactly as we say"

Grif swallowed and looked back to Sarge. "Uhm. You know I was kidding right?" The red soldier ignored him.

"Okay, this is how we're going to do this, we'll lead the three guys in the front, and the Jeep will follow behind"

Oh screw that
Track which bombs get set off, I'll go afterwards.
[on it]

After lots and lots of bickering and failed attempts at following simple instructions, the others just decided to screw it and run in hopes that they'd live, making it much easier for you to walk out safely.

"What is wrong with you people..?" The soldier from the speaker asked as he walked out to meet all of you.

"Uhm- who are you?" Sarge asked.

"What, I'm supposed to be here, who are you?what are you all doing here?!" He asked.

"Oh, we're looking for-"

"-were trying to meet up with the rest of our squad" you interrupted. The reds and blue look at you weird but didn't say anything. The soldier looked off to the side seeing a Jeep and sighed.

"Alright. Give me one moment. Stay here and don't move." He said to all of you before heading over to the Jeep. He soon came back with an alien walking beside him, causing all of you to step back.