Chapter 8

[IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I'll finally be starting my art selling on RedBubble.com, where you can purchase phone cases, posters, and more with my art on them. My friend Arianna will be selling art as well on that website, and I highly suggest you give her support because her art is amazing and deserves all the love. She'll be making fanart of this series so you have more to gawk at with better quality (because let's be honest, sometimes my editing on my traditional pieces just doesn't cut it). I think you all should get some quality merch for supporting and sticking with me through my years on Wattpad, and I guarantee that you're going to love Arianna's work with a passion.

My username is EternalLaughter, and Arianna's is Yooniverse. I will make another announcement when our profiles are ready with art, which will be soon. Please support us and gain fanart in return!

Thank you and enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 8

Elizabeth's POV

I've left the old motel already. Fled through the window, and broke through the bars that were attached on the outside, so I wouldn't have to go to the lobby. They'll figure out it was me but I'll be long gone.

It's harder to find another place to take shelter than it seems. More often than sleeping in motels, I sleep out in places like unowned lots, alleys, or abandoned houses. But this time it was more challenging to get around. My mouths were bringing me more pain, feeding off of me more harshly. Walking was agonizing. Breathing was unbearable. But I toughed though it and fled towards the outskirts of the city I was in.

My backpack is supposed to be light since not much is in there but a blanket I stole from the motel, another change of clothes, a canteen of water, and a few small snacks. Because of my pain my backpack feels like I'm carrying another, bigger person. I didn't even put my eyepatch on; my vision is blurring too much for me to use it. Every time I turn my head it feels like the world is spinning. Everything just hurts and feels disoriented, and I can hear voices in my head pleading or yelling at me to feed them--the mouths--and I tell them I won't but they just keep demanding and eating me and I want to fucking fall over and die but I know I can't and I just want them to stop.

I end up keeling over against a brick, water stained wall and crumple onto the sidewalk. At least I made it far enough than I thought I could, but I'm not to the outskirts yet. Why the hell is this city so big? It seems like it expanded but I know it didn't. Wait....where am I again? I can't remember the city name. Shit. It started with a B, right? No! H! It was an H! No, the last city I was in started with an H. Dammit...!

My stomach began twisting and my chest heaved. I felt like throwing up but I didn't have anything in my system so all my body could do was tremble. My metal fingers were cold against my skin as I pulled up the jacket sleeve of my other arm. The mouth on my forearm was burning a bright red and squirming around on my skin. I stared at it with so much hatred as it fed on me along with its companions. In my back pocket was a switchblade. My head was pounding and there was no way for me to think clearly enough.

All of a sudden, I had taken out the switchblade and slashed it into my forearm, right across the mouth. It screeched in my head and I watched blood bubble out from the cut I made. Again, I slashed my arm, and it wasn't until the fourth cut that I realized what I was doing. But the burning of the cuts were not even close to the pain the mouths were bringing me. Anything to hurt them is fine by me, even if it hurts me. I need them to shut up. I need them to die. Get out of my body.