Chapter 44

[EEEEYYYY

I don't have anything clever for this one.

It's a long boy??

Hope that's cool. Have a great day.

Enjoy! (*'∀`*) ]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!

Chapter 44

Jeff's POV

My sleep wasn't good last night.

Even though it was only brief flashes, memories of my time in SCP came through and sent my heart racing out of panic. Red eyes, rough hands, that cruel smile, that maniacal, deafening laughter of a being who knew no bounds, who would never know what true pain is, like what he inflicted upon me. Or maybe getting beaten and cut into like an experiment wasn't the true pain I've faced. No, Zalgo could be beaten and mutilated thousands of times, but he'd brush it off as nothing. Get into his head and fuck him up just the right way—make him feel weak, worthless, stupid, hopeless; make him believe he's undeserving of love or belief from others; have him question his sanity and existence for the sole-purpose of making him want to destroy those things himself—maybe then he would know what pain really is.

When I woke up, the only thing I could hear was my furiously beating heart in my ears. I couldn't breathe for 3 seconds, but those 3 seconds felt like minutes. I gulped in air once my throat opened up, and focused my mind on breathing steadily. After a minute or two, my body had calmed down and the goosebumps on my skin had vanished. Back then, instead of taking the time to breathe, I would've started screaming instead, screaming to make Him go away, to make the pain disappear, but both never seemed to.

For the first time, I could finally tell that I was making progress with my anxiety and panic. I always remember Ms. P telling me whenever she'd come in that there's no one here to hurt me; I'm by myself. With her words in mind, I took a look around my room and sure enough I was alone (obviously I'd have to be). I was actually relieved. No one here to hurt me or for me to hurt. I'm alone.

And normally, way back before I was ever brought to that god forsaken SCP facility, I would've just gone back to sleep after some sort of nightmare. There's no way I can now. Besides, the sun is up and it feels bright even through my curtains.

I got up and changed out of my pajamas (just sweatpants, really). I wasn't sure what I was going to do today, but I didn't want to stay huddled in here.

As soon as I had socks on, there was a knock on my door. "Jeff?" Ms. P's voice came through, then another two knocks afterward. I walked over and opened the door to see her and Sally. Ms. P smiled kindly and greeted, "Good morning—or should I say afternoon."

"I'm working on my sleep schedule. Slowly. Very..slowly," I replied.

She chuckled and wafted her hand as if pushing the subject away. "I came by to tell you that almost everyone is out of the mansion. Obviously the pets are here; Ao has gone with Kagekao to deal with more Corrupted—and possibly him as well, Masky and Hoodie are scouting, and Jack is on his much needed hunt."

"Are you going somewhere?" I questioned.

"Yes. I need to do some grocery shopping, and Sally has been dying to go out."

"We're gonna get ice cream!" Sally chimed excitedly. I looked at her and noticed that the permanent scars of her ghostly form were gone. Her skin was as clear as a cloudless day, fair as a porcelain doll's, and soft looking as any pillow. I overheard Ben having made a special gift for Sally so she could "be like him". I didn't have to think hard to guess what that gift was. As for Charlie, he just looked like a normal teddy bear no matter what. Unless you piss him off, of course.