Chapter 22

[Heyo, so Reader Discretion is Advised, because some shit goes down. It isn't anything devastating, but it can be upsetting in a few ways, considering there is bullying, signs of abuse, and--as signature of me--angst. So this is just a warning in case people get uncomfortable.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Have a wonderful day! :D]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 22

Elizabeth's POV

I stormed down the corridor, streaking over red carpeted floor and black, lantern-lit walls. I opened any doors I came across with reckless abandon, hoping to find the twin servants.

What are you doing running rampant?

Zalgo appeared in front of me and I dashed right through his figure without a care.

"Looking for Zazel and Sudryl," I stated briefly.

Just call for them. They'll hear you.

It couldn't be as simple as that, but the second I uttered their names the two seemingly appeared behind me when there had been nothing in their place.

"Yes, Madame Umber?" Sudryl said, wearing their designated red robes, with white trim, that helped me distinguish which servant from which.

I rushed up to the pair and said, "I need counseling from the both of you."

"What seems to be the matter, Madame?" Zazel questioned, their white robes, with red trim, swaying as they straightened.

Before I went on a rant, I swerved around to enter one of the rooms and found a sitting area inside. Good enough. I beckoned them inside and they followed my command. Once I shut the door, I rushed for the couch and practically launched myself into it. My head was in my hands as I started, "I've run into a problem."

"What kind of problem?" Sudryl asked.

Yes, what kind of problem?

When I uncovered my face, Zalgo sat next to me and I scoffed at him. Turning to the twins, I answered, "Recently, I've taken up an occupation at an automobile shop, and one of my co-workers has a car belonging to one of the member's of Slender's--Ao Matsukochi's group. Do you know a man named Ben?"

"We have only heard a few mentions of that name from Lord Zalgo, but none were of significance," Zazel stated.

"Why are you upset over the vehicle's owner?" Sudryl asked.

"Because," I began, shooting up from my seat, "if Ben finds out where I am and what I'm up to, he'll inform Ao, and then she'll come after me and my current plans will be ruined!"

"Not to offend you, My Lady, but what are your current plans, again?" Zazel asked, looking at me with those big, white eyes.

"I want to raise enough money and resources to provide a stable life for my fiancé, Jeff." Anxiety was getting the better of me and I roughly brushed my hands through my hair. "But that may not happen if Ben tells Ao where I am! She'll come after me and possibly fight me again, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for another battle. She's much stronger than she used to be, and I'm scared that I'll freak out and create another disaster. I don't want a repeat of Cincinnati again! And I don't want her to ruin my plans to be with Jeff. If she finds out, she might keep him guarded. Sh-She'll want to keep him away from me, and god knows what I'll have to do if she does that! I can't let her take him away from me! No one will!"