Chapter 32

*made a slight change near the end that kept bugging me*

[Yo, if y'all want a sweet Jellie AU fanfic where they actually have some happiness, head over to horrorscope- 's page and read You're Back. It's a wonderful birthday present. :D

Btw, this was an interesting *coughgoreycough* chapter to write, hehe. Just a heads up, ya know?

Song in the MM is In This Moment - Oh Lord (Maria Brink is my literal religion and sexuality).

Enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 32

Elizabeth's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since I first saw that bulletin board chock full of missing persons posters. During that time, I've been investigating the situation, trying to find the ones responsible for the misfortunes of so many girls.

Finding a specific area where the girls were last seen was easy. It turned out to be a strip mall section somewhere in Nevada (which is where I ended up for grocery shopping last time, somehow). The strip mall didn't seem like an ominous place; in fact it was lively, full with hustle and bustle and friends out for a fun night. Nothing about it had seemed off, but being that I was growing more and more desperate for "food", I delved further.

Turns out, there are clubs in the strip mall that many teens like to sneak into or 'fake ID' their way in. At first, it was hard to pinpoint an exact club responsible; all of those missing girls could've been taken from any one of them. That's why I had to do something I didn't want to do: talk to people.

"Hey, did you happen to see a girl like this recently?" I asked the bartender, showing her a photo of Rina from the missing persons sign (the girl I'm most focused on).

The bartender shrugged and yelled over the club music, "I don't know. I see lots of faces here. Plus, I switch shifts with anotha guy, Paul, so I ain't here all the time."

"Do you think he would have seen her?" I questioned.

"Maybe," the woman replied. "Why are you asking for her? She in trouble?"

"I would hope not," I remarked, though I don't think she heard me.

"You didn't ask the bouncers?"

"Um, n-no," I said, lying about the fact that I actually teleported my way in here instead of going through the front, "they looked busy."

"Yeah. You probably picked the wrong day to come here, what with it being the weekend. Sorry to cut this short, but I've got to tend to other people, ya know?"

"I understand. Thanks," I said, and left her alone.

With a sigh, I looked down at Rina's picture, club lights dancing across the paper and obscuring her image. The mouth at my chest growled and I felt my stomach churn with hunger. I knew a simple snack wouldn't suffice. I have to find Rina's kidnappers soon. Then, curiously, I scanned the crowd of clubbers in the big room and licked my lips subconsciously. I mean...I could always use these people; they're right here.

No! You're on a mission. It's not a mission you need to do, really, but you set a goal for yourself, Ellie! Fuckin' do it.

While I took a seat at the bar, trying to think of what to do next, a man came and sat next to me on another stool. Wary, I glanced over at him and could tell he was intending to talk to me. Here we go...