Chapter 21

[Y'all, I put out a message on my message board saying I wasn't gonna update last Wednesday. Chill, my dudes, chill; I'm not dead yet.

Here's a random Monday update because you all need it, like BOI--

Enjoy!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 21

Reese's POV

"Wait, so, that was your ex?" Ben asked, eyes wide with amusement.

I sighed and answered, "Yeah. Freshman year wasn't a good year for me."

Ben chuckled and remarked, "I hope that still isn't your taste."

"Pfft, god no. She changed into...that after the break-up. And Bryce has always been a dick." I stabbed my spoon into the tub of ice cream on my desk and got another scoop.

"Man, it's been so long since I've had the chance to witness teenagers being assholes," the blonde wraith jested. "I kind of don't want to experience it again."

"Welcome to what it's like every school day," I deadpanned.

Ben ate more ice cream (cookies and cream) and tapped his spoon against his mouth. Shaking his head, he muttered, "I don't know how you do it. School itself is so demanding, ya know, so like, wow. I commend you."

"Want to give me an award?"

"I should. Maybe I will." He took another bite of ice cream. I smiled at him.

As I scraped at the ice cream at the edges of the container, I asked, "Hey, I was curious about what happened earlier."

"What part? A lot happened," he said lightly.

"The phone thing. What happened to those kids' phones?" I asked.

Ben smirked. "Oh, that. Yeah, I made them explode."

I froze for a moment. "Explode?"

He laughed. "Not fully explode. If that happened I'm sure we wouldn't be sitting here gorging on ice cream like fat-asses; we'd be running from police."

"So, you busted their phones, pretty much?" 

He nodded and his dried out bangs bobbed.

"Geez. Remind me not to piss you off."

He shook his head. "Of course I'd never do anything like that to you. I think punishment via embarrassment would suffice."

"How would you embarrass me?"

His smile was mischievous as he held a hand to his chest and swooned, "Babes! Cinnamon apples!~"

The memory of when he showed up at my school, begging me to come with him so he could apologize to me reoccurred and I chuckled. "Well, that was a little surprising, but I wouldn't say embarrassing."

"Mmmm... What about the Reese's puffs rap?"

I faltered. "Oh no."

"I've always wanted to serenade you!" he chirped wistfully.

"Please, don't."

"Reese's puffs, Reese's puffs!" he chanted, beginning the rap

"Ben, no--."

"PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FLAVAAAA!!!"