Chapter 38

[Random Monday update because fffdf

Aye, shoutout to my deteriorating mental stability thanks to education system and they damn high expectations, it's been fun B.

*****Also, TRIGGER WARNING: there is, uh, bullying and the use of that darn 'F'-word, and it ain't 'fuck'.*****

Btw, BTS COMEBACK BORCHES, HhahaAA GON BE BOPPING FOR WEEKS

Enjoy the chapter. See ya around, my dudes...!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 38

Ben's POV

My exhaustion has gotten the better of me. I can't seem to gain any energy back since my fight with Ellie. All I want to do is lay in bed, but then I fear sleep. Yet I know I can't keep sitting around doing nothing, and I try my hardest to push myself to work, but it's painful on a mental level. Above this, all I really want is to see Reese again.

He leaves me these little messages in the morning before he goes to school, like: 'Good morning', 'Hope you rested', 'Hunter just burned the bacon and now Mom is scolding him in Spanish, how's your morning?'.

Also in the middle of school, during lunch. He tells me: 'There's weird stuff for lunch and idk how to feel', 'There was almost a fight today haha,' and 'I wasn't a part of it btw'.

Sometimes he'll text me during class. One time he sent me a really zoomed in photo of a lizard in his Biology class with its tongue sticking out and I laughed at that picture for like 10 minutes straight.

And at night...I think he gets sentimental. At times I'll see a paragraph of text of something that he's thinking about, and he can't talk aloud, so he texts me his ramble instead (I never knew he was so passionately awed yet creeped out by Iz Zizzle toys). Other times, he will send small messages, yet they'll mean a lot. Like the other day, he said: 'Sometimes I wish my stars still glowed. Lately I've been wishing you were around to...substitute for them.' His messages get me by, but they make my longing for him worse. So much worse...!

It's been a few days since I had to leave him, and all I can seem to think about is what happened in his room that night. I haven't gotten the chance to talk to Ao about this, but...could he have feelings for me too? The way he hugged me, and looked at me, and talked to me...I can't stop thinking about it all. And biting my ear... Licking my ear...! I wanted to just...ugh, I just had to leave or else I'd do some weird shit to him. Weirder shit than biting ears--and he did leave a mark like he wanted! He's too much for my little, ghost heart to handle. And too rude! And too undeniably charming in every single way...

Reese gets me by. He's that reward at the end of a challenge. A reward all for me. As much as I care for everyone here at the mansion, there's too much here that reminds me of dark times. Everything is so different...our group so divided...it's hard to bear at times. Despite this, I still have a duty to everyone here. If I want things to change for the better then I have to maintain my responsibilities and pull through. No matter what.

No matter what.

...

It was late evening and the mansion was mostly quiet. I was sitting at my desk with a pile of gadgets and junk splayed out across the tabletop in front of me. There's something I want to make to help Jack control that magic arm of his. For a while now he's practiced with Ms. P and Ao to tame it, and it's working...some. The other day he accidentally punched a hole through a fucking tree and now it's leaning. If he can get a handle on it, that magic can be strong. Granted, he can only punch harder than he could before (as if he needed an extra boost) and make a shield, and it's not like Ao's, but it could be strong. If I can make some sort of device to help him then that's one step closer to, I don't know, a little more success?