Chapter 17

[Trigger Warning: I usually don't give these (even though I should) but I wanted to state this in advance--shit goes down and it's not pretty.

For anyone that suffers or has suffered from any form of abuse, this chapter might be unbearable to read. But I will let you know that you shouldn't have to feel obligated to read. Do what you feel is comfortable for you. And some (hopefully) helpful words: whatever you're going through, whatever you've survived, doesn't have to define you. Only you define you, and you can change your life for the better. So seek help, no matter how afraid you may be. Please, if not for your own sake, than for those you truly love. There can't always be darkness at the end of the tunnel, especially if you bust your way through like a badass.

Have a wonderful day. I love y'all. <3]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 17

Elizabeth's POV

Voices whispered from somewhere nearby. My body still ached like it was sore and I could feel where all of my bruises were. The air smelled clean but new, like I was in a different place. It felt like I was laying on a bed, and it was extremely comfy and plush. The voices were becoming more distinct as I began waking up fully. They spoke in a strange language, one involving some tongue clicks and hisses.

Once I finally opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was a dark gray ceiling with sliver embroidery at the edges. I furrowed my brow, confused as to where I was. What I noticed though was that the whispers stopped. Out of the corner of my vision, to my right, I saw something move, and I turned my head to look. A loud gasp escaped my mouth when I laid my sights on a dark figure, with big, round, white eyes staring at me. It was hunched near the bed, frozen in a position that made it seem like it was backing away. Regardless if it wasn't doing anything, I panicked and turned onto my side to kick it.

I managed to barely graze its head and it fell back with a whine. Hands grabbed onto my left shoulder to force me onto my back, and when I looked over I saw another strange entity exactly like the one I kicked. Without hesitation, I jerked its hands off of me and elbowed it in its face. Both figures scrambled and met up together at the foot of my bed, cowering.

"What the fuck," I muttered, backing up against the bed's headboard. Both of them looked slim and their dark robes hung off of them like curtains. Black tendrils also hung down from their heads like hair, nearly going the length of their bodies. They appeared to not have any mouths, or other features besides their big, pale eyes. They had the dark skin and eyes of Corrupted but I could sense that they were different. I looked down at myself to find that I was a wearing silk, red gown. But that wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was my wrapped up, right arm that lay limp to my side.

Glaring up at the humanoid figures, I growled, "Where the hell am I? What did you do to me?"

The first entity I kicked whispered timidly to the other. The second entity nodded and gently pushed the first forward. The first entity rubbed its slender hands together nervously and started speaking to me in that language from earlier. There was no way I could understand it though, and only shook my head with confusion.

"I can't understand you," I said. The entity I kicked faltered their speech and turned to the other, probably wondering what to do now. The entity I elbowed scratched its head and remarked something in its language. The first, timid, midnight black figure shuffled closer to me and I moved away from it. It reached out to me, trying to touch my bandaged arm, which I was still astounded by.