Chapter 42

[Happy Halloween everyone!

This isn't a Halloween special but it's still an update soooooOoo.

Hope you all enjoy it! Make sure to check out my instagram for special Halloween art and some cosplay pics! Have a great Halloween and stay safe!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 42

Elizabeth's POV

After much thought, and advice from the twin, otherworldly servants, and even the former SCP doctors, who presided safely with the twins, I had a plan and it was already set to go. I would have to work quick though. The cabin doesn't have a very 'homey' feel to it yet, and Caedis and I will have to work on it whenever we're there.

The specimen the doctors' provided to me has proved to have a purpose in this new plan. I still don't know his name and he has only spoken a few words to me (when I had asked him if he had a name, he had simply said, "I know of no names.") but the doctors were right about his abilities.

The plan begins only in a few days, but each hour—each minute—feels excruciating.

This shadowy specimen of mine will play a key role in this new plan. If he screws it up by engaging with them or provoking anyone, I might have more problems on my hands. All I need him to do is gather any information, observe any intriguing activity, so that I can know what Ao is up to. Should anything come up that will interfere with my plans, I'll figure out a countermeasure. But even if my specimen screws something up, all that matters at the end of the day is that I will have him...

What Ian told me just a few days ago has stuck with me, yet I end up wanting to challenge what he said rather than heed it. The mouths may be tortuous and Zalgo may have a place in my mind, but I will not be lost to myself. I will prevail over this crushing darkness that has burrowed itself in me, in the form of tattoos and an ever-persistent father. I will overcome any wicked desires that are against my will, forced upon me. For him, the one I love. I will give him his ring back, what is rightfully his, and a new home free from what haunts him, what he rightfully deserves.

I will bring Jeff back to me. I will bring him home. And no one will take this last bit of happiness from me.

...

Ao's POV

It took a few days to get everything together. I had asked Ms. P about her experiences in traveling, bringing up the stories she carried over of her times in places like England. Although my teleportation isn't strong enough for great distances, Ms. P's magic can work wonders.

Even though it would only be a short trip to Japan, Ben made sure to dress as cool and, well, as 'Ben' as possible.

"What's with the glasses?" I asked him, referring to the pink, heart-shaped shades he donned on his face.

"I gotta let the Japanese people know I'm one with the 'kawaii' shit," he answered.

I shook my head. "We're not going to be going out in public, you know."

"Still. You never know. Maybe we'll hit up a shrine and I've gotta pay my respects to the moe god."

"For one, there is no such god, and second, we are not doing that."

"Fine... Can I keep the shades on though?"

"No," I deadpanned.

"Ugh, fiiiiine," he grumbled, took them off, and tossed them aside carelessly.