Chapter 25

[Eyo, whaddup, its yo boi, uhhh....

LIMPWEASELSUCC

back with a new update of TF.

On a serious note though, I actually made a new Tumblr with the username limpweaselsucc. I'm not advertising my own account but, uh, I am advertising my own account so go follow that piece of shit, that would make me really happy because I'm way too proud of the name.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 25

Ao's POV

It was just a few moments ago that I was in the study, passed out on one of the couches from lack of sleep. Sally had come into the room, shaking me and telling me that Jack was hurt badly and wouldn't wake up. Next thing I knew, I was sprinting down the halls, barely awake, trying desperately not to hyperventilate.

I nearly fell down the stairs by taking two steps at a time. The heels of my feet were hurting by how hard I stomped them on the floorboards, and I almost slipped at one point. My vision was starting to blur from my panic. I was too wired to think. Finally, I got to the infirmary room and practically threw myself past the open doorway.

"Where is he?!" I cried out.

Ms. P whirled around to look at me with wide, red hued eyes. Ben was standing next to her, just as startled. Masky and Hoodie didn't pay any mind to me as they quickly worked to remove Jack's shirt and get supplies.

Past Ms. P and Ben's bodies, I caught a glimpse of glistening red on Jack's left arm. My breath hitched and I shuddered. As I stumbled forward, Ben came up and held my shoulders.

"He's okay," he quickly disclosed. "It's just a bullet wound."

Again, I glanced past him to try and examine the blood, but then my attention was caught on a white sheen of light that covered Jack's arm from the elbow down. It seemingly clung to his skin, even after his arm brace was removed.

"Wh...What is that...?" I murmured, my eyes stinging with worry.

Ben glanced at Jack and furrowed his brow. Quietly, he took me out of the room, even though I didn't want to leave. The blonde and I stood outside of the doorway and he explained, "I think it's your magic."

I blinked, confused. "My magic?"

He pursed his lips for a moment. "Maybe. I don't know. He broke one of his arrow cartridges on purpose and then...that happened."

"And what about the bullet wound? How'd he get that? What happened out there? Did you kill the Corrupted? Are you okay--?"

"Breathe, Sheba," Ben said, squeezing my arms. "Give me some time to explain, okay? But I'm telling you now...all I have is bad news."

With a gulp, I nodded and braced myself for whatever he was about to say. Even then, my thoughts lingered on Jack every now and then, and I kept fidgeting to go into the infirmary and see him. Ben explained everything to me: subduing the Corrupted at first, Jack getting shot, Caedis' arrival (and I shivered at his name), the fight, Jack setting off an explosion, and then the Corrupted releasing darkness into the city, and it had consumed a lot more than it did in Cincinnati. By the time Ben finished speaking, I was completely tense, gaping at him.

More people are dead. More land is decimated. More reason for me to fear and resent Elizabeth, which I had been trying not to do. Yet even with this horrible news and the sickening feeling in my stomach knowing disaster has struck, I still held a sliver of hope for her. But I'm scared that sliver won't last long, at this rate.