Chapter 14

[Making editing changes to KP already, and I'm just like "damn, my sentences had no variety whatsoever, this is actually challenging, tf".

To he honest, I didn't get as much done for this story as I wanted to during spring break. I'm afraid I'll have to take another break soon but we'll see about that. Anyway, enjoy the chapter! :D]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 14

Reese's POV

Thursday, after school, was spent at the local library. Most of the time, I lounged on one of the squishy, leather couches while Ben sat at a table, surrounded by worksheets and a couple of notebooks.

"Okay," he mumbled, "I finished the Stats homework."

He handed me the papers and I took them to check it. All of the questions were given a boxed answer, but there was no work. He barely started the worksheets five minutes ago, without a calculator. It takes me at least ten minutes to finish one paper, with a calculator.

"It needs the work," I said, and handed the papers back.

He groaned and snatched them out of my fingers. "Damn math teachers and their stupid 'showing work'. Can't they just appreciate that the kids did this without murdering someone?"

"Education can be a bitch," I remarked.

"You're telling me...," he grumbled as he scribbled on the papers at a rapid pace.

From my angle, I could watch him lean over the table, staring down at the papers with an intent gaze. The locks of hair at the side of his face dangled. Sometimes he'd stick his tongue out a little or bite his lip as he worked. It was interesting watching his face. He never noticed me staring at him. Or maybe he did but didn't do anything to stop me.

A few minutes later, he gave me the work for me to check. Glossing over it once, I nodded and handed them back. "Now onto the essay."

"Ugh, I'm not good with literature...," he complained, smacking his hand on the papers and dragging them closer.

Smirking, I closed my eyes and put my hands behind my head to relax. As I listened to the sounds of faraway chatter of other people in the library, there was a tap on my arm.

"What's up?" I asked without opening my eyes.

Ben cleared his throat and questioned, "Did you read the essay prompt at all?"

"Nope, didn't want to see it or deal with it," I retorted immediately.

"Well," he added reluctantly, "it says to 'Invent a monster and describe it. Write where it lives, what it eats, and what it does'. Any ideas....?"

This time, I opened my eyes and glanced at Ben. I could already see the expecting look on his face. The moment he read the prompt, I already knew the perfect essay to write.

"It's easy," I murmured. "The monster I'll invent is.....a shadowy, black figure. Big, tall, strong."

Ben started jotting stuff down as I described my monster.

"My monster used to live in a house. A spacey house with...I don't know, a nice, green lawn? But now it lives in a cage, prowling and being bitter."

"Okay..." Ben stuck his tongue out again in concentration.

"He eats...pineapples," I said. "And drinks...alcohol. Any kind. He was never picky."

"He?" the blonde wraith questioned.