Chapter 2:

A/N: Sorry for the time skip. I had to do it for it to make sense when it comes to sports and everything.

Ch. 2

~4 months later~

The bell finally rang to let us go to first period. “Anyone want to go to English for me?” I asked Ally and Jules as we walked out of homeroom.

“Sorry, I don’t need to take that twice in one day.” Ally said.

“Sorry girly, the answers still the same.” Jules smiled at me. I have asked them every day for the first half of the year.

“I heard we’re getting a project and I really don’t want to do it!” I groaned. English was never my strong subject. Honestly, it bored me to tears and I always almost fell asleep.

Ally laughed quietly, “Good luck, chick. I gotta run, don’t want to be late for class.”

“Bye guys.” I waved to them as we all went our separate ways. I walked to English and took my seat in the back. I got lost in thought while everyone else was making their way in. I never even heard the bell ring. “Good morning, students.” Mrs. Ortman said, sitting on the edge of her desk. “We’re just going to start right into this, no wasting time. You guys have an English project due in three weeks, it’s a third of your grade, and I already have your partners picked out for you.”

I rolled my eyes and held back a groan, seriously, what was up with everyone choosing everything for us this year? You would think they would let us choose our own partners and all. I mean, we are juniors. Besides, what if they picked someone we didn’t get along with? How would we get the project done right? I guess there was no time to dwell on it, since it was happening one way or another.

I completely tuned out who she was pairing everyone up with, but I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone talking to me. “What?” I noticed it was David; he had taken up the seat beside me. I glared at him. “What do you want?”

“Didn’t you hear? We’re partners for the English project.” He smiled brightly at me. “Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of each other for a while. First, locker partners, and now English partners. Maybe this is a sign.”

“Yeah, a sign the world wants to torture me even more.” I mumbled, incoherently.  

He gave me a confused look, “What?”

“Nothing.” I sighed. “So, what are we supposed to be doing?” I looked around seeing all the other kids by their partners and talking.

He laughed, “Didn’t you listen to a word she said?”

“No David, I didn’t. Can’t you just tell me?” I snapped at him, not meaning to that time.

His smile never faded from his face. “We’re supposed to read and then choose six things to do off this paper, such as, make up an interview, write a newspaper article, write an essay…well you can read the rest. So, you want to get started on it after school? I could come over to your house and we could work on it.” He tossed a book onto my desk. I didn’t care at the moment what it was. I just wanted to get this project over with.

Instantly I shook my head, “No, not my house.”

“Oh?” He raised his eyebrow at me. “What, someone scared to show me where they live?”

“Stop being so cocky, I just don’t want to go to my house, okay?” I wasn’t about to tell him I hated my house. I don’t even want to know what would happen if I took him there without asking first.