Chapter 60:

Ch. 60

~Peyton~

I woke up to David tracing light patterns on my back. It was so relaxing that I didn’t even want to get up yet. If I could, I would stay in this moment for forever. I snuggled closer to David and wrapped my arm tighter around his torso. “Morning, babe.” He said and kissed the top of my head.

I smiled and kept my head where it was on his chest. “Morning.”

“How’d you sleep?” He asked.

Something sounded off in his voice, though, causing me to look up at him. “I slept perfectly great.” I gave him the biggest smile ever, but something was still off. He smiled back at me, but it was a tight smile. “What’s wrong?” I asked. Maybe he regretted doing what we did and I was starting to panic a little. I mean, I don’t think I made him do anything he didn’t want to, right?

“Nothing’s wrong. Do you remember what we did last night?” He asked, searching my face for something.

I frowned. He was ruining this moment for me and I don’t know why. “Of course I do, why wouldn’t I?”

“I wasn’t sure if you were more out of it than you said you were.” He said and looked at me. “So, you really remember what we did? You don’t regret doing it?”

“No, not at all. Do you?” I asked, letting the anger slip through my tone. I was ready to just bolt out of his room once and for all if he said he regretted it. I couldn’t handle it if he told me he regretted it.

Finally his smile became a real one and he leaned forward and kissed me. “Of course not.”

“Then why did you seem so, umm…reluctant about it?” I had to find out what was behind this and why he felt the way he did.

“Because, I thought maybe you would wake up and blame me for taking advantage of you or something. Honestly, I was scared of your reaction.” Oh. I was surprised he actually admitted that to me.

I smiled at him and laid my head back on his chest, “Nope, that’s not my reaction at all. Besides, I know better than that. I know you wouldn’t. I was fully aware of what we did and it was amazing!” I could feel my cheeks getting warmer, but thankfully he couldn’t see me blush.

“Well, you were great too.” He informed me.

I giggled like a little kid. “Thank you.” I said.

“For what?” I looked up to see his confusion on his face.

I moved my hand and traced the outlines of his face while I talked, “For listening to me last night and not shutting me out. I mean, I know that I said I didn’t want to again for a long time after I had that dream, but you listened to me and I’m glad.”

“Oh…” He paled a little at that.

“What?” I asked; my body tensing at this.

He had a guilty look in his eye, “I honestly forgot about your dream and the whole freak out that came with it. I’m so sorry…”

I leaned up and kissed him. “It’s okay. I’m glad you forgot. I didn’t want to wait anymore. I was tired of holding out.”

“Okay, I’m not sorry then.” He smiled at me and kissed me again.

“Man, we have school in two days!” I groaned. “Does Christmas break have to end so quickly?”

“All good things come to an end.” He informed me.

I sighed, “I know. I just don’t want to go back to school yet.”

“Neither do I, but just think, we’re graduating in May. We don’t have much longer to go.” David said.