Chapter 57:

Ch. 57

~David POV~

You know, if anything, Peyton knows how to give me a heart attack. After that phone call with her, it took everything I had not to drive over there and make sure she was telling me the truth about her being okay. I swear, if Tim hurt her more than she said he did, I will find him, even if it is in a jail cell, and beat him to a pulp. I’m so over this with him. He needs to stay out of their lives for good.

I took a few breaths to calm myself before going downstairs. “Honey, is everything okay?” Mom asked when she saw me.

She looked extremely worried. I nodded, “It is now. Tim got taken in by the cops. Peyton said that one of the cops who showed up told her he’d be in there for a while.”

“Oh, that’s fantastic!” Mom said and then, “Wait…when and why did someone call the cops on Tim this time? Am I missing something here?”

“Right, sorry. When Peyton got to her house, he was there and she was talking on the phone with me, but she started yelling and then told me she’d call me back, so I called the cops.” I told her.

“Oh my!” Mom’s eyes grew wide and she placed her hand over her mouth. “Is Audry and her okay?”

“Yeah, or they will be anyway.” I finished telling mom and then walked into the kitchen.

Just as I was searching the cabinets for something to snack on, Hunter came in behind me. “Uh, David…?”

“What?” I asked, looking in another cabinet and grabbed out a bag of m&m’s.

He didn’t say anything, so I turned and looked at him to see him looking guilty. “You’re phone was ringing and I uh…I saw who was calling you and I answered it.”

“What? Why would you do that! Don’t touch my phone again!” I yelled and then glared at him. “Who was it?”

“Amanda.” He stated.

I groaned, “What did she want?”

“Uh, well…” He stuttered. “It was kind of hard to understand. There was some yelling, and some grunts, and it sounded like she said she was going to the hospital because…because her water broke?” I could see the questions in his eyes.

“Shit.” I said under my breath.

Hunter looked at me. “Why would you go to the hospital if your water broke? That doesn’t make sense.”

It I wasn’t so stressed at the moment and freaking out, I probably would have broken out into laughter at his question. Of course he wouldn’t understand that, yet. Instead I shook my head and ran past him. I grabbed my shoes that were by the door, and thankfully my keys were there too, this time. “Mom, I’ll be back later!” I yelled.

“Where are you going?” She called.

“Hopsital!” I replied back, running up the stairs, realizing my phone was there. I kind of needed that. When I ran back downstairs, I finished my sentence. “Amanda’s going into to labor apparently.”

“Wait. Halt!” She said, coming up to me.

I looked at her, trying not to bounce on my feet too much out of the nervousness I felt at the moment. This may or may not be my baby coming into this world. “What, mom? I’ve got to go!”

“Hey, don’t get lippy with me.” She scolded and then her face softened. “I just wanted to tell you I’m proud of you right now.”

“Why?” That threw me for a loop.