Chapter 15:

Ch. 15

I didn’t open my eyes when I first woke up. I was way too comfortable. David’s bed just sunk wherever you laid, and formed to your body. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure that’s the best sleep I’ve gotten in a long time. I sighed quietly, soaking in the warmth and comfort that much longer, and then felt David move beside me. I hadn’t realized he was there, considering I was too lost in thought about his bed. He rolled over and looped his arm around my waist. Since I was facing the other way, I moved my head so that I could see him. I don’t know how he knew I was up, but I guess he did. “Morning.” He smirked at me and then kissed my nose.

My cheeks heated up. “Morning.” I smiled softly at him.

“Well, isn’t this a site to wake up to.” He chuckled and moved some of my hair out of my face. I could only imagine what my hair looked like right now. It was never a pretty sight in the morning. “I could get used to this.”

I rolled my eyes and sat up, looking back down at him. “Don’t get too used to it. It won’t happen that often.”

He pouted a little but then sat up and scooted closer to me. He moved my hair and kissed my shoulder, sending chills down my spine, even if it wasn’t on my bare skin. I yawned and leaned over to the nightstand by his bed and grabbed my phone. 10:00. I sighed, “I guess I should get home soon. Don’t want to keep mom and Tim worrying. That will only lead to trouble.”

David grabbed my wrist as I climbed out of his bed and pulled me back to him. “You can’t go anywhere without a kiss.”

I shook my head but kissed him and walked towards the door, then stopped, realizing I still had clothes from yesterday to grab. “Where are your washer and dryer at? Your mom dried my clothes yesterday, remember?”

“Oh right.” He said and got up. I blushed again, seeing he was only in boxers. When exactly did that happen? “Follow me.”

We walked downstairs and to a back room behind the kitchen, which I never paid attention to, being there. He pulled out my clothing that I had from before and handed them to me. “Thanks.” I smirked at him and then turned and walked towards the door. I grabbed my shoes and my keys before walking out to the car. “See you at school tomorrow.” I told David, who was now leaning on my car, since I had the top down and windows down.

“I guess so.” He grinned at me and then leaned in and kissed me. Dang, this boy really liked kissing. Not that I was complaining at all; I’m just not used to it.

I waved and then started down his long driveway heading towards my house. It was a nice day after such a long rain. A little muggy but I wasn’t going to complain. I had my music blaring the whole way home. It was just such a great morning, and it seemed like nothing could get me down.

Nothing, except Tim, of course. He was always the exception. I walked into the house and he was sitting in his chair with a beer in his hand, as always. Not like anything ever changed with that. When he heard the door click shut, he looked up at me and instantly started the day with yelling. I guess mom wasn’t in ear shot since he wasn’t keeping quiet. “Well, well, well, so you stayed at that boy’s house, I see?”

“What’s it to you?” I snapped back at him.

Wrong choice. He got up and walked over to me, sitting his beer down in the process, making sure he wouldn’t drop a thing from it. “Now I know you didn’t just sass me, young lady.” He grinned at me, his breathe strong of alcohol, telling me that he was clearly not on his first beer of the morning. Honestly, I don’t know how he didn’t have alcohol poisoning or something from how much he drinks on the weekend.