Chapter 63:

Ch. 63

~Peyton POV~

“You’re seriously not going to let me help you even pack up this last suitcase?” I snapped at David. “I mean, come on, really? It’s just clothes. I’m just folding and packing. There is nothing strenuous going on during this.”

The past month or so, we’ve been trying to get things packed up to move to Oxford in the next couple weeks. David is set to start school in September, which of course is right around the time the babies are supposed to be born. Given that it’s the third week of august, we only have two weeks between now and him starting school. Our plan is to move our stuff into the apartment this weekend so that we have a week to get things organized and he can get last minute things done for school. Only problem with that is he won’t let me help pack anything.

“No, I’m not going to let you pack it. You need to be sitting down. You’re on bed rest anyway, remember? I don’t even know why you’re out of the bed when you don’t have to be.”

I rolled my eyes. This is how it has been ever since the doctor put me on damn bed rest. I was supposed to basically be glued to the bed the whole time because he didn’t want me walking around. I know it’s supposed to help me with keeping strain off of my heart and since I have my pace maker and all, but I wanted to help. I felt useless sitting there watching him. Sometimes I wish he wasn’t so protective over things.

I groaned and grabbed another pile of clothes, flat out ignoring him telling me not to. When I turned around I ran straight into his solid abs. His hands instantly grabbed my upper arms, but not too hard, making me look at him.  “What?” I growled.

“I told you to sit down and stop helping. I’ve got this under control, okay? You need to listen to me for once. This isn’t just about you. This is about our babies also. Go sit down and give it up. I’m not backing down on this and I will make sure I win.” He looked me in the eyes the whole time he said that.

I could see that he was angry with me for ignoring him, but I could also see that he was worried for our safety as well. I rolled my eyes and threw the pile of clothes on the floor, causing a scene like a child. “Fine! I’ll go sit down like I’ve been doing for the past month!” I yelled and walked over to David’s bed and climbed on top of it.

Since moms’ apartment only had the two of us, we had been staying there since we got married instead of spending money on an apartment of our own for the short time that we were going to be here. I’m surprised I even convinced David to let me come to his house with him. We already had my stuff packed up and the baby stuff that we got at our baby shower, but his stuff was the last of it that needed to be done. “This is exactly why I didn’t want you coming with me.” David told me after he picked everything up off of the ground. “I knew you were going to want to help and you just can’t.”

“Are you sure you even want me to come to college with you now? Are you having second thoughts about this?” I knew the answer to that, but he was aggravating me and I wanted to get under his skin. I knew it was childish, but I couldn’t contain myself. My hormones made everything worse when it came to that as well. Anyway, I knew that would hit him hard so I took the bait and used it.

He stopped what he was doing and leaned on his suitcase. “No, I’m not having second thoughts about this. I just wish you would use your head for once and listen. There is obviously a reason that the doctor put you on bed rest. You need to listen to him. You’re lucky I let you talk me in to going to the apartment this weekend because with you in this shape, I don’t feel right traveling with you for three hours.”

Ugh! He wasn’t taking the bait and it was making me mad. Yes, he was mad, but he knew that it was mainly the hormones talking. This is how it’s been lately. I’ve been way more moody in the past couple weeks, but can you blame me? I mean, I’m stuck in bed with nothing to do. I’m a big as a whale. It’s hot as crap outside and my body aches and my back is killing me. To top it off, something that started this whole bed rest thing were the Braxton hicks contractions I had. Ugh! I thought I was going into labor, just to get to the hospital to find out I wasn’t. The only reason why I’m on bed rest is because my blood pressure had spiked a little and they wanted me to watch everything that I did to not put too much strain on my heart.