Chapter 55:

Ch. 55

~Audry POV~

“Tim, honey, I’m home.” I said, walking through the door. Well, more like stumbling a little. Maybe I shouldn’t have had that much at Linda’s but it was fun to actually get out and talk to someone. I’ve been working so much lately, and then when I’m not at work, I’m doing something at the house; it was strange to be with other company.

“I’m in here.” He said.

Of course he was. He’s always in that damn room with the damn TV. I never really realized how much he watched it until now. I walked into the room and saw Mike and Tim watching some TV show, but I didn’t care what it was. “Mike, sweety, can I talk to your dad real quick?”

“Yeah. I don’t mind.” He said but never moved.

This kid, I swear, he got on my last nerve. He never listened to a word I said and he has no respect for me and what made it worse was that Tim never did anything about it. “Alone.” I cleared it up for him.

As if I wasn’t even talking, he looked over at Tim, waiting to see if he was going to say anything. “Just give us a minute, Mike.” He said. “You can come back in a few.”

“Fine!” He grumbled and marched upstairs.

Tim paused the TV and looked at me. “Yes?” He asked. “Did you have fun tonight?”

“I did. It was nice to just get out for a night.” I said and then sighed, looking at my hands in my lap. I didn’t know how to go about this. I knew he had a short temper, and I really just wanted to avoid fighting with him right now. Not that he is going to take this lightly, but I can try to help it a little. “Look, we need to talk.”

“I figured as much, that’s why you wanted Mike to leave.” He smirked.

Now was not the time for his stupid antics and his smart mouth. I let a small smile out, though, but not for long. “I…” I took a deep breath. “This isn’t going to work anymore.”

He snorted. “What’s not going to work anymore?”

“Us.” I stated, finally looking him in the eyes.

He still had a smug smile on his face. “Why don’t you just go get some sleep and then talk when you’re not so drunk tomorrow.” He turned back to his show. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’d like to finish this movie.” He pressed play on the remote. “Mike!” He yelled. “It’s back on!”

Okay…well that didn’t go as well as planned. I thought maybe I could do it that way and at least warn him before it happened, but I guess I was just going to have to go and get the papers first. “Whatever.” I said. “Goodnight.”

~Peyton POV~

“David, how can this be possible!” I shouted down the hallway to David’s room.

He walked to the bathroom and stared at me, “What the hell are you talking about? How is what possible?”

“This!” I showed him. “This can’t be happening!” I handed him the pregnancy test. I was a week late and I am never late. The one time I choose to be stupid and it leads us to this. He already possibly has another baby on the way; we don’t need to make it a definite thing. Besides, I’d be due roughly around the same time of the end of the school year since we’re only a month into the year.

“Oh.” He paled when he looked at the plus sign on the test.

“You see what I mean!” I yelled again, close to tears. “What are we going to do?” I asked, sliding down the wall in the bathroom. I buried my head in my hands.