Chapter 25:

Ch. 25

I could hardly get any sleep last night. This bed was so uncomfortable and then the obvious reason being that I couldn’t move. Every time I did move, it hurt. Sure, the pain meds helped but they only lasted so long and they can only help so much. It also didn’t help that I was extremely bored. You could only watch so much TV before it got boring. Playing the same repeated episodes of things; showing the same movies. Infomercials once it got late enough.  Also, it seemed to be that as soon as I would fall asleep, they would be in giving me medicine and checking up on me.

After a while, time began to move so slow that I just stopped looking at the clock. At some point, the sun started rising and I finally felt sleep coming over me. Just as I had finally fallen into a deep sleep for once, I was woken up by a knock on the door. I groaned. “Go away!!!” I threw my arm over my eyes, regretting it as soon as I did it since it just made me throb. I didn’t even fight the groan that wanted to come. I was done playing tough girl right now.

“You sure? I will if you want me too.” David said from the doorway.

I sighed and lowered my arm. “No. It’s fine. Come on in.”

“You sure?” He seemed reluctant to walk in.

“Yes, David. I said it was fine. If I wasn’t sure, then I wouldn’t have invited you in.” I growled at him.

He walked over and sat in the chair next to my bed that he sat in yesterday. “Ouch. And I thought that we were starting to get along again yesterday.”

“Shut up, David. I’m just sleep deprived, okay? Every time I was about to get some sleep, someone walked in here to either check up on me, or give me pain meds. I’ve kind of been sawed open, so it’s really hard to move without being in pain, and this bed is awful!” So I was having my own little pity party. I didn’t care at the moment.

David frowned and reached out, taking my hand. I didn’t have the strength anymore to shake him off even though I wanted to. I was tired of moving and hurting myself. “I’m sorry. I know this sucks, and that you’d rather be somewhere else.”

“You don’t know how bad it sucks. You’ve never been in this position before.”

“You’re right.” He agreed. “I haven’t.”

Here he goes being all nice again and making me feel bad. “Sorry.” I mumbled. “I don’t mean it. Not that much. I’m just irritated. So what did you want to talk to me about yesterday?” I hadn’t forgotten. He made me curious enough that I wouldn’t forget until he told me.

David glanced over to where my mom was at. “I’d rather not talk while your mom is in here.”

“She’s asleep. She won’t hear us.” I said. David tilted his head in her direction, so I glanced over seeing she wasn’t asleep anymore. “Oh. Hey mom. Can we please have just a minute?”

She looked between both of us, thinking it over before getting up. “Alright honey, I think I could use some coffee. But I’ll be back in a few in you need me.”

“Thanks momma.” I smiled at her as she walked out the door. “Now spill it.”

“So demanding today.” He teased, but I wasn’t in the mood for it, and glared at him. “Alright, alright. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for everything that happened.” And he told me the whole story about how it started out as a prank but then his feelings became true.

Even though he told me that, I still didn’t know how I felt about him. I mean, to base our whole relationship on a dare that started it seemed to be a little far-fetched. How could I trust him again? How could I just let everything that happened go away? It didn’t seem like it was possible, but I will admit that it made me a little less mad at him. I don’t even know why, because a part of me still feels like I should be, but my anger was subsiding.