Chapter 19:

Ch. 19

“I’m going over to Ally’s house!” I yelled at Tim as I walked past the living room. “And I don’t care if you say yes or no.” I walked out the door after grabbing my keys. Nothing was going to stand in my way right now. I was about to just blow. Literally, I felt like my blood was boiling. After everything he led me to believe, and here I am, shocked that this all happened. Ugh! It’s sickening.

After jumping into my car, I text Ally, telling her I was coming over, and then I pulled out of my driveway, heading her way. As soon as I got to her house and pulled into her driveway, I saw Julie’s car and shook my head. Of course Ally text Julie. I think she knew something was up the way I text her, so naturally, she would text Julie so that I only had to say things once.

I climbed out of my car and walked up to the door. Opening it, I peeked in to see if they were in the living room. “Ally? Jules?” I shut the door behind me and walked into the kitchen, where I could hear a bunch of racket. “Hey Mrs. Lewis. Where’s Ally at?”

“Oh!” She jumped and splashed herself with dishwater. She was in the middle of doing dishes and must have been in her own world. “I didn’t hear you come in. I think they are upstairs in Ally’s room.”

“Thanks.” I smiled at her and walked towards the stairs, taking them two at a time. Ally’s door was the second on the left, and was covered in posters, and pictures, most of which, having to do with music, or bands. It was her favorite part of her room, which I had to laugh at her for, even though I didn’t blame her. “Hey guys.” They were both lying across Ally’s bed, talking about something when I walked in, but I didn’t hear what exactly they were talking about. I walked over and plopped on the green bean bag chair she had in her room.

“What’s up? Why the sudden hang out moment, not that I’m going to complain. I figured you’d have something planned with David.” Ally said, looking at me.

“You guys ready for this one?” I asked and couldn’t help but notice the slight smile trying to form on Ally’s face. She had to have known what was coming since I started it this way. “You guys were right. Go ahead and say it. I deserve to hear the whole, ‘I told you so’ thing.”

“Aw babe. What happened? You guys seemed so happy just yesterday.” I was surprised to hear the genuine tone in her voice. I figured she would be elated that something like this happened. She always jumped on the chance to say “I told you so.” Especially when she could say it for something like this.

“David and his friends are what happened! He played me. Naturally. He’s been playing me this whole entire time.” I shook my head. I was mad at him. Mad to the point tears were brimming my eyes again. I wiped angrily away at them. I hated how they betrayed me. I didn’t want to cry over him, but I was so mad that I couldn’t stop it.

Julie gave me a sympathetic look. “Pey…” She shook her head. “It’ll be okay. He’s a jerk and he doesn’t realize what he lost. How’d you find out he was playing you?”

“He was over at my house and his phone went off while he went downstairs to get some drinks. We were watching movies, and I didn’t mean to read his text but I did and I guess he asked me out on a dare.” I told them.

“We’re going to get that jerk back!” Ally concluded.

I looked at her, “And how exactly do you plan on doing that!?”

She shrugged, “Well…I don’t know yet, but we will figure out something!”

“It doesn’t even matter. I’ll only be at school for one more week. My surgery is next weekend.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “I won’t have to deal with him the rest of the school year.”