Chapter 20:

Ch. 20

Saturday and Sunday went by as quick as they always did. My alarm clock went off too early Monday morning, and it took all I had to force myself out of bed. I was exhausted, since I was on the phone throughout half the night. Long story. I’ll get there in a few. Anyway, I hadn’t gotten much sleep, so I felt like I had to pry my eyes open and force my legs to move.

I finally managed to get to the bathroom and into the shower. After a nice warm shower, I felt a little more awake. Not like I wanted to be, but it was better than nothing. I brushed my teeth, and threw my hair into a messy bun. It was one of those days where I just didn’t care. I was too lazy to do anything else with it. I walked into my room and threw on my sweatpants and one of our schools football playoff shirts. After I rolled the sweats up into capris, I slipped on a pair of flip flops. “Eh, it’ll do.” I said to my mirror that I passed before walking out of my room.

I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. I turned on the car, and forgot that I had my radio still turned out, so I almost blasted my eardrums, nearly giving myself a heart attack. After I turned down the volume, I realized what song was on, and I heard the lyrics, “And I realized, the blame is on me. Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now, flew me to places I’ve never been, till you put me down….” I rolled my eyes and changed to station. Really? Did that song have to be playing? I mean, seriously, of all times this time, and besides the fact that it was Taylor Swift. I mean, ew! Even though, I secretly liked a few of her songs.

Thank goodness I made it to school without the music playing stupid songs like that anymore. I parked and walked up to my locker, hoping that David wasn’t there. To my surprise, he wasn’t. I let out the breath that I was holding and walked over to the locker, putting my stuff away and getting what I needed out for the first part of the day. Once I got all of that, I walked into homeroom. Almost as soon as I set foot in there, David looked up from his spot, trying to get my attention. I purposely ignored him, not wanting to make any eye contact at all.

“Hey you!” Ally said, grinning widely when I took my seat by her and Julie. “How’ve you been? Anything….new?” It was almost like she knew something and was trying to find any information she could about it.

I raised an eyebrow. “Oh, I don't know. Maybe? What would it be to you?” I teased knowing it would drive her crazy.

“Oh! You have to share now!” Julie said. “I don’t want to be out of the loop.”

“Why don’t you let Ally share what she did, considering I know it wasn’t you who gave Josh my phone number.” The whole time I said that, I eyed Ally and saw her smile getting wider and wider by the minute.

She made a loud squeaking noise and clapped her hands together in excitement. “He called you!?!?! YAY!”

I rolled my eyes, smiling, “Yes. He called and we talked for hours last night.”

“Isn’t it a little…soon for that kind of thing?” Julie asked skeptically.

I eyed her and just as I was about to answer her, Ally cut in. “I’ve got it!” She shouted and made Mr. Dufford turn around from his chair at his computer. “Sorry.” She said, noticing as well. Ally lowered her voice. “I’ve got an idea of how you can get David back.”

“Oh? And what would that be?” I asked, scared to know what was coming.

“You should so get together with Josh, and make sure David’s around and make him think you’ve moved on. It’d be perfect. Then it would seem like you were playing him, just like he played you.” Her excitement grew the more she talked.