42

**********IMPORTANT***********
There are 3 POV changes in this chappy so make sure you read the name of the person who's talking. It won't make sense unless you do. Anyway here's the chappy!!
***********************************

Naruto's POV
My eyes flutter open to be staring at the bright moon that shines on me as I sit on the window sill with my legs dangling.

I get this uneasy feeling in my stomach as I hear a soft tap like the sound of a sandal hitting the floor.

I turn my head slightly to see someone standing beside Mizuki with a black cloak on.

"Stop right there. Don't move." I say as I grab a kuni from my pouch.

I see the person drop Mizuki's hand and in a flash he's gone and I look around the room but it's empty.

I turn towards the window to see the figure running towards the Leaf gate and I put my kuni away.

I turn back around to face Mizuki who still lays in the bed unconscious and I place my hand on hers.

"I'll always protect you." I whisper.

-in the morning-

I wake up next to Mizuki's hospital bed and I look out the window to see the sun up as it starts shining through the windows.

The door creaks open and Sakura walks in along with Hinata who carries a vase full of white flowers.

"Morning." Sakura says with a smile.

"Morning." I say back.

Sakura walks over towards the machine and checks her cords and charts then she places her hands on her forehead while I stretch my arms.

"Was she okay through the night?" Sakura asks.

"Besides the dark mysterious figure?" I think to myself.

"She was fine." I say softly.

Hinata places the vase on the end table next to the bed when the door opens again and Kakashi-Sensei comes in.

"I just got back in the Leaf. What happened?" He asks with worry in his voice.

"She had a punctured lung and kidney. They aren't healing very well. Something is resisting the medicine." Sakura informs him.

"Kakashi-Sensei. I need to talk to you privately." I say with my fingers intertwined.

"Okay. Can we have a minute?" Kakashi asks while looking at Sakura and Hinata.

They both nod and exit the room silently as Kakashi-Sensei comes over towards me and sits down in the chair.

"What is it?" He asks.

"A figure. They were wearing a black cloak but they came in here last night." I whisper.

"A figure?" He repeats.

"I didn't see his face. But he was fast." I say.

"Do you have any person in mind? Like that you can think of."

"Who would have a reason to sneak in to see Mizuki?" I ask quietly.

"Maybe Madara? He does want Mizuki." Kakashi says.

"Or Sasuke." I mumble.

"Well if they come again. We'll figure something out. If Mizuki wakes up--" He starts to say but I cut him off.

"When Mizuki wakes up. Don't give up on her. She's strong. She'll make it."

"Right. When she wakes up you have a mission to do. Guy and Yamato will accompany you and Mizuki."