Good Things

Samiyah had given Ty her number and expected a lot more from it. She thought he'd be calling and texting non-stop, but he actually texted her once, and that was to say to wear something comfy and casual on their date.

I guess that's what it is. A date. Oh, geez! Samiyah thought flustered. Samiyah wasn't into dating. She thought it was a waste of time. She was waiting for The One. She had never been interested in anyone either. Was she now? If she was, she wasn't going to say that.

She wasn't sure what kind of casual she should be since Ty hadn't said what they were doing. It seemed so cliche, but for some reason, Samiyah knew that Ty would be the kind of guy in every situation to keep you out of the know and surprise you.

So, she simply chose a flannel, white t-shirt, and blue shorts (not too short). Jelena wasn't there this time to tell her what to do. This time she could put her hair in a ponytail. Not too out there and not to concealed.

The doorbell rang. She brushed her edges making sure they were correct, then headed to the front door.

Ty watched as the door was replaced by the curly haired, four-eyed, golden skinned girl standing in front of him.

"Hello, might I interest you in my lawn services," Ty said politely. He loved to see the smile on Samiyah's lips and hear the laugh escape from them.

"You look..." Ty trailed off. There were many words to say. Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, marvelous, fine, etc. But for some reason, those words weren't enough.

He just shook his head.

"I'm sorry what?" Samiyah asked wondering if she should feel insulted.

"Wasn't a word in any known language to describe you. Just know you look really nice," Ty said.

His chocolate eyes were making him look so sweet and innocent. As if he'd never talked to a girl before.

"Alright," he held out his hand for hers.

"You do realize it's one step. Not even a foot," Samiyah said looking at him silly. He just kept his hand out there.

She let him take her hand and stepped down.

"Why so polite?" Samiyah asked.

"Because when I show you my demanding side, I want you to look back and remember there's still this," he stepped down the porch and held out for her hand again.

They walked across the street. Literally, they walked across the street. Samiyah's mouth actually dropped opened.

"You're kidding right?" Samiyah looked at him as he unlocked his Aunt's door.

"Nope," he said opening the door for her to go in.

Samiyah was very reluctant to go inside. She didn't know if this was about to be rape or seduction.

Ty looked at her being reluctant.

"I'm not trying to do anything to you if that's what you're thinking. I may have been forward with the kiss, but I'm really patient on the other stuff."

With that Samiyah went inside. It had just then dawned on her that she was in Mrs. Robinson's house. She'd been inside before, but she was now wondering where Mrs. Robinson was.

"My Aunt has gone out with some friends I set her up with," Ty said as if knowing she was going to ask.

"So, what are we doing here?" she asked obviously suspicious.