His Soul

He heard many voices, but the only one that was clear was Samiyah's. He could even feel her hand on his head. He felt her kiss. Even in a coma, it felt like magic.

"I won't leave you. I could never. I'll be with you forever." He internally smiled hearing her say that.

He wanted to get up now, but something was holding him down it seemed. He tried profusely to open his eyes. Then he paused.

"Finally, a young woman approached who was not dressed in black." She was reading him the Alchemist.

Goodness, that's why I love her. He said to himself.

He could feel her holding his hand as she read. He listened to her soft, sweet voice. Even then all he could think about was loving her.

When I'm out of this, I'm just gonna go ahead and pr-

He felt light suddenly and his body was lifting. Then he opened his eyes and was facing the ceiling; it seemed a little too close. He tried lifting himself but felt air. He turned around and saw his body and Samiyah moving frantically.

Doctors and nurses came in as if rushing. They were telling Samiyah she had to leave. He followed her out into the hallway. She was crying on the floor and he felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest.

I need to get back, he thought frantically. He went back into the room and went to his own body. He reached out thinking he'd be sucked back in, but his hand just went through.

He became frantic. He stood there for a while trying to think about what could be holding him back. Was there something he needed to think about? Was he supposed to have a conversation with God? Was he not supposed to go back?

He heard the monitor beep for a long time indicating that his heart was done. He was dead.

He saw Samiyah walk in. Her eyes were red and her face was puffy. She walked slowly and then looked at the monitor. Her mouth opened but not in shock but what seemed like from pain.

No! He reached for her.