Intruder Alert

Ty opened the door for Samiyah to Everyday Living. He walked in right after her and said hi to Ms. Betty.

"Ty, it's so good to see you! We've really missed you guys around here," Ms. Betty said happily. Ty missed being there too. He really loved the residents and loved to hang out with them.

"The residents have been really down lately," she mentioned.

"Really?" Samiyah asked.

"Yes! These residents are so lonely," Ms. Betty said.

Ty's phone started ringing. He stepped away to see who was calling him. Naomi. He honestly wished she wasn't calling him, but he didn't want to ignore her.

"Hey Naomi," he said and he obviously was trying to sound excited.

"Ty!" She squealed. "What are you doing?" She sang.

"Uh, I'm actually working right now," he told her. "Oh, you have a job?" She asked.

"No, I'm actually volunteering."

"Of course, that is so you. Well, this is going to be really quick and should put you in a good mood for work," she said sounding as if she was trying to contain her joy.

"What's up?" he asked curious as to what she could possibly say.

"I'm coming to see you!" she squealed on the phone. Ty's mouth dropped open. Was he excited? Eh. He wasn't mad, but he wasn't eager. Where would she stay and what would Samiyah think?

When he didn't say anything she said, "you're obviously super excited. You can't even speak."

Ty was trying to find some possible way to tell her to stay there without making it seem like he didn't want her to come.

"We're going to have so much fun. And don't worry, I'm not going to intrude on you and your new girlfriend," she teased.

But you are, he thought to himself. He was freaking out.

"Look Naomi, you don't have to come. I'm going to be home some time," he assured her.

"But I wanna see you now. In plus, I already got my flight ticket and hotel reservation," she informed him.

Ty put the phone on mute and groaned. Seriously? he thought to himself.

"Alright, well I guess I'll see you when you get here," he said defeated.

He walked back to where Samiyah and Ms. Betty were. He looked at Samiyah and worried about how she would feel to see Naomi at his house.

Samiyah couldn't believe how depressed some of the residents were. They were so happy and lively when she and Ty were around that she thought that was their everyday feeling.

"Ty, did you know that some of the residents here suffer from depression?" she asked him. He looked at her shocked.

"Really? No, I didn't know that," he said, but sounded kind of out of it. Samiyah looked at him suspiciously. This news should make him go ballistic, she thought to herself.

"Are you okay?" she asked. She wanted to ask who that was on the phone, but she wasn't his girlfriend or anything so it wasn't her business.

"Yeah, I'm good. But the residents are depressed? Why?" he asked clearly trying to get the conversation off of him.

"I mean I guess I would be depressed too if my parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and spouse were dead," she said not bothering to leave the harshness out.