What Are We?

Ty sat on the porch and watched as Samiyah made her way over to him. His excitement was at a maximum, but he stayed cool and collective on the outside.

She sat in the chair next to him. He looked over at her waiting for her to say something. She looked at him. For some time they just looked at each other, going off in there head how fine each other was.

"You not gonna say anything?" he finally asked referencing the kiss. She looked away from him then.

She came over there to finally talk about it, but what was she really going to say to him? It was good? She loved it? She wanted more of his lips? Heck no! Because then he'd give her exactly what she wanted and she couldn't have that. She'd be trapped.

"It-it..." she trailed off. "You are a good kisser, but-"

"Just tell me. I know you're lying if you're gonna say what I think you're going to say."

"I can't deny it and say it didn't effect me because I fainted in your arms," she said sounding a bit frustrated at the memory.

"'Cause you loved it," he informed her.

Samiyah looked at Ty's lips. The ones that had been caressing hers. How could she let him do that? Maybe she want- no. No! She was fighting herself.

"Fight all you want to,  baby I know," Ty said nonchalantly shrugging.

"Ty," she said with what seemed to be desperation in her voice.

Ty noticed the whine in her voice. She wanted him to kiss her so badly. He turned to her and pulled her to him with his finger under her chin. He graced her lips with his AGAIN!

"Why do you keep kissing me? You told me you wouldn't kiss me again. You lied!" She whined.

"I said unless you want me to. Don't lie to ME and tell me you didn't want me to. If you don't want me to, tell me you don't want me to," he demanded.
She didn't answer. She just looked away from him.

"Yeah, you better not lie," he said with a warning tone in his voice. At that moment, she realized her punishment was a kiss. Anytime she did something he didn't like, she would be kissed.

"Ty we can't just keep kissing and not actually be in a relationship," she said facing him now.

"Then be with me," he said as if it were that simple. To him, maybe it was, but to her, no. It was very complicated. She couldn't give herself to someone who could possibly play with heart. Someone who could leave because he can really have anyone he wants. Someone with eyes that will pull your soul. Someone with a smile that would blind you. Someone with hair softer and smoother than silk that could make you drowsy. Someone with lips that could make you faint. It was just too dangerous. She mentally whined.

"It's-"

"Not that simple?" he cut her off. "But it is. Samiyah you're driving me crazy. I love you, but you need to tell me right now what we're going to do."

She looked at him curiously. Love? Since when was this love?

"You. Love. Me?" she questioned.

His mouth opened, but no words.

"You love me?" she asked curiously never hearing another man say it other than her father.

"Yes, I love you. When I looked you in the eyes the first time, I knew you were mine. You knew it! You're playing yourself," he said surprisingly frustrated. He looked away from her.

"I-I need to go," she said feeling dizzy.

Ty just shrugged and shook his head. She knew, but that wasn't the reaction he wanted. He knew she was falling for him, but he wanted to hear her say it.

Samiyah got in her house and ran straight to her room. She sat down at her dresser and looked at herself in her mirror. Ty telling her that he loved her was wild on so many levels. She had never thought of someone telling her that, and she actually believed him.

Ty went back inside. He felt hurt. He lied on the couch looking at the ceiling. The sadness was apparent in his eyes. She didn't say it back, but honestly, he didn't expect her to. She was so far in denial.

He'd rather be friends with her than not see her at all. So he got up.