Musical Nights

Samiyah was back to reading The Alchemist. She was at the part where Santiago met Fatima. She couldn't help but smile and look at Ty.

Ty sat on the porch looking off into the street. Naomi had gone back to Atlanta earlier that day and he was honestly relieved he made it through that. Samiyah wasn't angry with him and he was pretty sure Naomi had moved on from him and ironically with Samiyah's help somehow, which he still wasn't sure how, but he knew she did it.

He looked over at Samiyah who had her feet on his lap smiling at him and smiled back at her.

"You're at that part aren't you," he asked referring to the book. She nodded. "And you get it now?" She rolled her eyes at the question still smiling and went back to reading. The Alchemist, along with the Bible taught Ty about hope, and he knew that was starting to happen to Samiyah whether she wanted to mention it or not. Sometimes people have to reread to understand what they didn't before. 

Ty was eager to go back to Everyday Living, but he wanted to just take a day with Samiyah. He grabbed the book from her hands.

"What are you doing?" she asked upset. "Let's do something," he said.

"We did something all week," she grabbed for the book but he wouldn't let her get it.

"We did something with Naomi. That's different. Let's do something with just us."

Samiyah smirked at him and he smiled giddily. She got up and moved closer to him and leaned in close to his face. Ty parted his lips for the kiss-

But she just snatched the book back instead. Ty's mouth dropped open, but he was amused.

"Oh really? Okay, then. I see how we're playing now," he nodded with his own smirk on his face. He took her feet off of his lap and got up.

Samiyah looked at Ty getting up. He looked down at her and walked away. She instantly grabbed him.

"No, baby! Don't go! We can do something together. Just stay with me,"

Ty looked up at God and said, "if this is a dream please don't wake me up."

"That's what I thought," he said reaching his hand down for hers. "How about we go to this steppin' nightclub?"

"Steppin'?" she wondered. "You mean like stomp the yard?" she asked curiously. Ty laughed.

"No, Chicago step. Look." He showed her his moves. She looked at him impressed "Ohh, look at you!"

"I learned a while ago from some of my family that lives in Chicago," he said seeming proud of himself.

"It's like from that movie Love Jones," she mentioned.

"Yep," Ty said moving closer, "and we can be Darius and Nina." He took her hand into his. She smiled at him.

"They were a little complicated," she mentioned.

"Yeah, you're right. We can be a less complicated Darius and Nina."

"And we don't do poetry," she added. "Alright, so we're not like Darius and Nina, but we can still be us. So what do you say?"

Samiyah thought about it. She would probably have to dance if she went to this club. She dreaded dancing. The first time Ty made her dance was an exception. She was caught off guard and in the moment. This time, she knew what she was getting into.

"I can't-" Ty had already started rolling his eyes.

"Don't. Don't even say it. I don't wanna hear your excuse. You'll just follow me, alright? Alright, then."