Your Day

Samiyah hadn't seen Ty all day. He told her that he didn't need her and she could stay at home. That was the first odd thing, since when would he tell her to stay away? Then, when she decided to go across the street to Mrs. Robinson's house anyway, he wasn't there. That was the second odd thing.

Actually, no one was there. Why didn't he just tell her that he was going to be out, she had no idea. When she texted him asking where he was, he just told her he was out with his family, which she could see already.

"What's going on?" Her mother asked sitting down next to her on the couch.

"What? Why would something be wrong?" Samiyah asked.

"You're sitting here watching the commercials. You always fast forward through them. Your mind is elsewhere, what's going on?"

Samiyah didn't want to tell her mother, who already thought that she and Ty needed time apart, that Ty was out somewhere without her and without telling her.

"What's wrong with y'all?" Mr. Pearson asked. "I haven't seen a Swiffer commercial in a long time."

"Nothing, nothing is wrong," Samiyah answered trying to shut the conversation down immediately.

"Ty," her parents both said at the same time. She sighed knowing she would have to go into it.

"Fine, he's not home and I don't know where he is. And I don't want to talk about it," she spoke quickly with an obviously annoyed tone. 

"Well fine then, we were just going to tell you that you need to get ready."

"Ready for what?"

"We're taking you somewhere," her mother said. Samiyah looked at them skeptically. Next, they'll go to Everyday Living and Benny will tell her they're going to South Africa. Seriously, what is everyone on?

"Okay," she said going along with whatever this was. She went to her room and debated on her clothing. Dress, jeans, jacket, no jacket? What was going on?

"What should I wear?" she called to her mother.

"Anything doesn't matter really," she called back.

Okay, now she was really confused. She picked blue jeans and a grey short sleeved t-shirt. She tucked the shirt in and put on a black belt. Converses topped it off.

"Okay, I'm ready," she said to them. She noticed their attire was casual as well.

She was trying to pay attention to all the details. They road in her dad's Lexus. He stopped for gas and her mom bought a bag of chips but didn't offer her any. Hmmm, she thought. Then, they got on the highway; she didn't usually go anywhere where she needed to take the highway. They exited and got onto a crowded road. It had tons of restaurants and even a mall nearby.

"Okay, where are we going?" she asked them.

"You'll see," her father said as he turned into a hotel.

What the heck is going on? she thought to herself. As they pulled up at the front door, Ty came out. Her heart fluttered when she saw him; however, she was still agitated that he didn't tell her where he was. He opened her door and she stepped out.

"Good afternoon, Miss Pearson," Ty said politely. She smiled and rolled her eyes. "So, this is why you were hiding? What's going on?" she asked.

"I wanted to give you something." He reached out and took her hand. She turned around and noticed her father's Lexus was gone.

"Ty-"

"Come on," he gave her a kind smile. She followed him to a black BMW. Dang, that website money is coming in fast.