Affirmation

"Let's be friends," he said to himself out loud bitterly. "I don't want to be your friend! I can't see you as my friend." 

Ty pictured Samiyah's beautiful smile in his head. He heard her sweet voice. If he could have her to himself, he wouldn't ask for another thing in life. Just thinking about her made him so happy. 

But, when Ty saw Samiyah on his porch the air left his body. What more can she say to damage my heart? he thought, tired of being lovesick.

He stepped up on the porch. She looked at him as if she wanted to say something.

"Can I get a break?" he asked.

"Sit down," she told him with a really serious tone. His head jerked back in confusion. Was she controlling him now? He sat down next to her. She looked at him and Ty noticed something different in her eyes. He came closer to her.

"Tell me," he said immediately. She opened her mouth. Then she was leaning in. His eyes widened and he didn't move. She grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him forward. Her initiating the kiss was making him feel all kinds of ways. Oh my, dang! he said in his head.

When she decided to be done and pulled away he grabbed her waste.

"No, now you come here," he said grabbing onto her tightly. She giggled while he kissed her and it only made him kiss harder. He was the one who decided the kiss was officially over.

He made fun of her by pretending to faint. She smacked his arm. He got back up with a huge smile on his face.

"I taught you well, girl!" Samiyah rolled her eyes at that comment. When they got their breathing under control and were focused they looked at each other's eyes, their souls. She smiled at him.

"Ty, I have to tell you something." Samiyah looked down. Ty's heart started thumping fast. Oh gosh! Please don't tell me it's over already, he thought.

"What's wrong?" he asked nervously.

She got so close to his face their noses were touching. She looked directly into his eyes. "I love you," she said softly. Ty began grinning and then laughing.

"Good, because I love you," he said kissing her again. "You lil stubborn, spoiled brat! I knew you loved me this whole time and you were going around acting as if you couldn't stand me." He poked her in her stomach.

"Oh really? Because I think you, Peter Pan, almost lost your faith the last time that we spoke," she mentioned putting her finger to her chin.

"Now, why you have to do me like that?" He leaned his head to the side.

"Seriously Ty, when I was walking back, I thought about how silly I was being. I got scared when I heard that girl was coming," she mentioned embarrassed. Ty held back a smirk. Jealous much?

"Her and I have nothing going on. You wanna read my text messages?" He pulled out his phone. "Here, read them if you want. I barely text that girl and you can tell she does most of the talking. Samiyah, I didn't ask her to come."

"I'm sure you didn't. Why is she so obsessed with you anyway?" She asked in what seemed to be disgust.

"Dang, you trying to say I'm not all that or something?" Ty asked jokingly.

"No, I'm not saying that I'm just wondering." She shrugged.

"Listen to me," he said raising her chin with his finger, "she is not a threat to you. I love you, not her. If I loved somebody else, don't you think I wouldn't have let you crush my heart so many times?"

"Don't say that. I'm sorry," she placed her hand over where his heart was. He picked up her hand and kissed it. "It's okay. I'm not mad at you. I'm just glad you're mine. No reserved, but officially mine. That reserved thing was stupid anyway."

"Not it wasn't! It made perfectly good sense. If I'm not with you, but I'm waiting for you then I'm saving myself for you."

"You don't make sense baby. Just stop," he said.

"Oh whatever!" she stuck her tongue out at her.

"I will bite your tongue."

"Ew!"

"Then don't do it again," he warned her. She laughed. And Ty loved to see her laughing with genuine happiness. And he was the one making her that happy.