23. We can look ugly together.

Slowly, my eyes fluttered open and I looked around me. The steady beeping of the heart monitor I was connected at was the first thing that caught my attention. I was in a hospital room with light blue walls and pale cream tiles on the floor. Different kind of wires were connected at all sorts of machines and I have a tube stuck in my hand.

I shivered at the sight of the needle.

My back felt numb and sore as I tried to get up in a sitting position and my left hand being in a cast wasn't helping me to get up neither.

I sighed as I pressed the button next to me.

The nurse rushed in not even 1 minute later. She has a petite figure with chocolate brown hair tied in a once tied bun and golden eyes.

"Hello dear. How are you feeling? Does anything hurt?" she asked with a warm smile as she verified all the wires.

"My back feels numb. Can you please help me to sit on my butt?" I asked with my raspy voice.

She gave me a glass of water from the little table from behind her. "Of course. You can use this remote to move your bed higher of lower."

I gulped down the glass of water and gave her the empty glass as I took the remote. It was pretty simple. It only had one up arrow and one down arrow.

"Press and hold on the up button until the bed reaches the sitting position."

I did as she said and now I was happily sitting on my butt. "Thanks."

She smiled again. "That's my job honey. Now, I have to go and announce the doctor that you're up. Don't try anything that can hurt you while I'm gone." she said with a stern look and left.

Like I was about to jump off my bed and start dancing on the hospital's roof. I can barely feel my body so I have 0 chances to get out of this bed.

"I'm starting to get tired of seeing your face here so often."

I scoffed and glared. "Nice to see you too, Snow."

He was wearing his usual white lab suit and his eyes as playful. For a doctor, he likes to piss off his patients a little too much.

"So" he started as he seat down at the bottom of my bed with studying my file "Broken spine, right hand is fractured and right temple busted. Per total it isn't so bad and most of the healing is done since you've been asleep for 2 weeks, but your spine will be sore for another 2 and your hand will be fully healed in 1. I must say, I've never seen such an ugly hand fracture. I could say that it's made by a weapon with a blade, but I don't know what could've made such a bad injury. The flesh around the cut was burned and it reached the bone, slightly fracturing it." he looked at me patiently waiting for an explanation.

I frowned. "It was a sword. A cursed one to be more exact, but that's all I now about it. Oh, and it can kill any kind of supernatural creature."

He rubbed his chin deep in thought. "Never heard about something like that. But I'll make some research about it." he got up to leave but I stopped him.

"Wait! Where are the others? Is everyone okay? Are they awake?" I asked worried and frowned.

"They are okay per total. Some of them are badder injured than others, but are stable. Everyone woke up except Lincoln and Sharpedon, but they'll be fine."

My heart dropped. "W-What happened with them?" I stuttered nervously. I know that he said that they'll be okay, but it always is that tiny tiny chance that they won't woke up and it scares me to dead that little chance.

"Sharpedon had his right lung pierced by a poisoned bullet and some broken ribs. His lungs were half full with blood when he came here, but he's fine now. Not awake, but stable. He still has some breathing difficulties, but as long as he won't force himself after he wakes up, he'll be fine."