05 • 五

- Lee Minseo's POV -

After the call we ate breakfast and Jungkook left, thanking me for letting him stay over. Today and tomorrow are my days off, but poor Kookie has to work...

I grabbed my phone from the side, deciding to text Sehun.

------------
[Me]: Morning! Are you free today?
------------

I waited for a reply, and one came shortly after.

------------
[Sehun]: Me and Jongin were gonna hang out, but you can join us if you want.
------------

Kim Jongin, or Kai, is one of Sehun's friends in his 'friend group' called EXO. I've only met Jongin about twice, but hey, I haven't got anything better to do.

-------------
[Me]: If it's okay with you and Jongin...
[Sehun]: Meet at my favourite cafe in about half an hour. See you then!
[Me]: See you then!
------------

I walked back into my room, applying a little makeup and spraying myself with body spray. I wore the bracelet Kookie bought me again, (well, the only times I don't wear it are at work and when I'm sleeping), grabbed about ₩30,000 and made my way out the door.

When I got to the cafe I spotted Jongin and Sehun sat near the back with two milk-teas on the table. I walked over, smiling at the boys as they noticed me.

"Hi Minseo," Sehun smiled. "You've already met my hyung, right?"
"Yeah," I smiled, then turned to face Jongin. "Nice to meet you again."
"You too." He smiled in reply, and I sat down next to Sehun.

"So, what's on the agenda?" I asked cheerfully, crossing my legs under the table.
"Well, there's a small carnival in town, so why don't we go there?" Jongin suggested, glancing between me and Sehun.
"Sounds good." Sehun replied, and we left after the guys finished their drinks.

We walked along the wide pavement, Sehun on my left and Jongin on my right, making our way over to the carnival. I felt a gaze on me, but ignored it, since we were practically the only people on the street. The three of us made small talk, talking about our jobs, hobbies and whatever; I found out that Jongin works as a vet, and that he loves dogs with a passion.

He comes across as quite shy, and doesn't talk much, but seems like he thinks about a lot. I also noticed that he tried not to make eye contact with me, which was a little weird...

"Minseo," Jongin said my name, and I turned to look at him. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure." I smiled.
"Are you-" He was cut off.

"Minseo?" A familiar voice called. I swiftly turned around, along with Sehun and Jongin, to see two police officers. One of them I haven't met before, but the other...
"Oh! Hi Kookie!" I smiled, waving. He smiled at me, but that smile faded when he glanced at the two guys behind me.

"Who are your friends?" He asked.
"That's Oh Sehun - the guy I work with, and that's his friend Kim Jongin." I replied. "We were going to the carnival."
"Well remember to stay safe," he told me, holding my shoulder. "Don't talk to strange looking people."

There was a small cough from Sehun, and I turned back to face them.
"Oh! Guys, I'd like to introduce you to Jeon Jungkook, my boyfriend." I glanced at both Sehun and Jongin, the two having very different expressions on their faces. Whilst Sehun looked as if he was about to squeal, Jongin looked... Sad?

"And this is Kim Mingyu." Jungkook added, gesturing to the other cop in uniform. "He's friends with Lee Seokmin, he went to our school, remember?"
"Oh DK!?" I exclaimed, and the two cops nodded. "Nice to meet you."

"We're on patrol at the moment," Jungkook told me. "So I'll see you later, okay?"
"See you later!" I went on my tip-toes and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

We went our separate ways, and as I went to catch up to the the EXO members, I heard Jongin say something to Sehun.
"You didn't tell me she had a boyfriend!" Jongin huffed.
"Sorry hyung," Sehun sighed. "I thought you knew."
"Well, I guess no one that amazing can be single, eh?" He sighed, and they stopped talking as I showed up.

But I felt a buzz in my pocket. My phone.

I checked the message, and as I thought, it was another strange number. The person kept typing as I read the messages; is someone stalking me?

--------------
[Unknown]: So that man you love isn't enough for you?
[Unknown]: Do you need to have every guy fall in love with you?
[Unknown]: Don't do that to me; you're hurting my heart.
---------------

I blocked the number, putting my phone back in my pocket, on silent. What the fuck is wrong with this person?

----

The carnival was amazing! I had a great time with Sehun and Jongin, although I do feel sorry for the guy. Maybe he just thought I looked nice, or he was just wondering, but I hope it wasn't anything serious.

I decided to call Jimin, and ask him about the text messages. Finding his contact, I placed the phone to my ear and heard the dull ringing of the phone.
"Hello?" Jimin answered.
"Hey Jimin," I began. "Ehh.. It's me, Minseo."
"Oh, hi Minseo." He spoke, his voice sounding a little awkward. We haven't really spoken to each other since that day in his room.

"Can I ask you about something?"
"What is it?"
"A-are you alone?" I mumbled. There was a sound of someone moving, until Jimin spoke up again.
"I am now. What's up?" He asked.

"Have you been sending me messages?" I asked. "On different numbers as a joke?"
"No, why?" He asked. "Who's been texting you?"
"I don't know." I sighed. "Someone's probably got the wrong number. Thanks anyway."

"Is Jungkook staying at yours again?" He asked me.
"I think so," I replied. "Why? Are you missing your little maknae?"
"I just wondered..." He trailed off. "He's been staying at yours quite a lot recently.."
"Have you not realised that Jungkook's stayed at mine at least four times a week for the past year?" I questioned.
"What the fuck!?" He practically yelled.

"Oh, so you didn't know..." I mumbled.
"He kept telling us that he was staying with his parents!" Jimin sounded shocked. "So does that mean... His virginity..."
"Long gone." I smirked. "Sorry." Why is he pretending he doesn't know?
"How young...." He muttered under his breath, but I heard it, and my mind thought back to that day.
"If you're wondering," I added. "It was my first time too; I'm not some whore."
"I didn't think you were." He replied almost immediately. A part of me really wanted to say 'you did the other day' but we kept it in.

"I've gotta go." Jimin sighed. "Speak to you soon."
"Bye," I said, ending the call.

I think I should tell Jungkook about those texts.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1178