28 • 二十八

- Lee Minseo's POV -

That night was very cold. Yoongi had left me there, but he gave me a blanket to keep warm. Nevertheless, it was freezing.

It was strange having Yoongi as my kidnapper. There were moments where he'd act like a kidnapper, and I'd be terrified of what he'd do, but then at other times we'd slip back into old habits and just comfortably talk to each other. It all depended on his mood.

The next day he came in with breakfast, and sat there while I ate it. I have to admit, although the place was dingy, the food was delicious.
"You're looking healthier." Yoongi noticed, and I stopped eating for a second to look up at him. He was staring me up and down again - which seemed to be his usual habit - as he was sprawled across his chair.

"The more you eat, the healthier you'll get, and the sooner we can get out of this dump." He told me, and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Finishing my mouthful of food, I started to talk.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"We're not staying here." Yoongi looked shocked. "This place is a fucking mess."

I sighed in relief, knowing that I wasn't the only one who thought that, but then it made me very curious.
"Where are we going then?" I questioned.
"I'm sure I've already told you this." He smirked. "About me finding the perfect environment to raise kids..." My eyes shot wide open, remembering what he'd said over text. I backed away, curling up into a small ball to protect myself.

"Tch, I'm not doing it anytime soon." He scoffed. "You're 19 for fucks sake! I'm gonna at least give you time first." I swear, this is the weirdest kidnapping ever. He says I have to listen to him, but he gives me rights? So he really does love me?

"I'll come and check up on you later." He then told me, slowly standing up out of the chair. "Don't do anything stupid, because that means we'll just have to stay in this shit-hole for longer." And then he left, locking the door with a loud clunk, leaving me alone in the deteriorating room.

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"MINSEO!" I sprinted out the station, spotting Minseo stood with Jimin and Yoongi. He's there! The three of them turned to face me, with confused looks on their faces.
"Jungkook!" Mingyu, Jisoo and Minho came running after me, but I was too far ahead for them to stop me. I couldn't stop. I wasn't going to make it.
"MINSEO! RUN!" I yelled out in panic. "THE STALKER! IT'S MIN YOONGI!"

It all went in slow motion. Yoongi reached behind him and pulled out a pistol, aimed it at Jimin's back, and fired. The loud bang echoed throughout the entire town, and all I could do was watch as Jimin's blood splattered all over the pavement, his body collapsing to the floor.

Before Minseo could even move Yoongi dropped the gun and pulled out a syringe, injecting something into her neck. She instantly fell limp against him, and he dragged her into the back of the white van. I'm not gonna make it. He's gonna get away! I kept running, but as I got close Yoongi sped off, leaving me pretty much retching at the side of the road.

The number plate. I can remember the number plate.

"JIMIN!" I turned around and saw the other three run over, immediately rushing to Jimin's side. Jisoo called an ambulance, and Mingyu put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
"The ambulance will be here any second." Jisoo told us.
"Stay with us, Jimin." Minho spoke to Jimin, trying to keep him awake. "Stay strong."

The ambulance loaded Jimin up and swiftly rode off to the hospital. The four of us ran back to the station and hopped into Minho's car, and he drove us to the hospital at lightning speed.

"He has Minseo." I told them. "Yoongi took her."
"In the white van?" Jisoo asked, and I nodded.
"Can you remember the number plate?" Mingyu asked, and I nodded again.
"It's XX XXXX." I replied, and Mingyu pulled out his squad radio.
"We've got a 207 by the police station." He began. "I repeat, a two, oh, seven. Keep on the lookout for a large white van with the number plate XX XXXX."

Code 207, a kidnapping.

When we got to the hospital we were granted special access (since we were the police) and were allowed near - but not in - the operating room where Jimin was. They'd put him in for immediate surgery to remove the bullet, since it may be fatal if it's left there. I couldn't help but think of all the shit that happened. Minseo's been kidnapped; who knows what the fuck Yoongi's gonna do with her. Jimin could die in surgery.

I accused an innocent person of murder because I was jealous.

After hours and hours of waiting a doctor finally came up to us, explaining to us that Jimin will live, but he'll be hospitalised for a week.
"The bullet pierced his left kidney," The doctor explained. "And therefore rendering it useless. We've just removed it now, with the bullet inside it."

That's fine. People can live with one kidney. We only really need one in our body.

"Luckily it didn't damage anything else, or the situation would've been more serious." The doctor sighed.
"Can we see him?" I asked, but the doctor shook his head.
"I'm sorry, but we're not allowing anyone to access his room right now. He's still unconscious, and after about an hour or so we can only let in family members."

"But we're cops!" I exclaimed. "We must be able to at least-" I stopped myself when Minho placed his hand on my shoulder.
"We understand." He smiled weakly. "Is it alright if we come back tomorrow?"
"Yes, of course." The doctor replied.
"Thank you." Jisoo smiled, and after that we left, leaving Jimin to recover in the hospital.

"Jungkook!" I heard my name and saw Taehyung, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin rush over. "What the hell happened? We heard a gunshot!"
"Jimin was shot." I told them, my eyes downcast. They all gasped in shock.
"Oh my god!" Hoseok exclaimed.
"Is he okay?" Namjoon queried.
"He's just finished his operation." Mingyu butted in. "They removed his left kidney since the bullet was stuck there, and we can visit him tomorrow."

"Have you heard from Minseo?" Jin asked.
"And where's Yoongi?" Taehyung looked around, not spotting him.
"Minseo-" I stuttered. "She had a stalker. That's why she hid in her house." My hyungs' mouths opened wider and wider each time I spoke. "It was Yoongi."
"WHAT?!" They all gasped.
"And he-" I swallowed, fighting back tears. "He took her. He kidnapped her."

"What the hell...." Taehyung mumbled.
"What!? Yoongi?" Namjoon clarified, and I nodded.
"Well, you know we're here to help for whatever." Jin told me, stepping closer and placing his hand on my shoulder in reassurance. I nodded, and smiled weakly.
"I know, thank you." I replied.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1201