42 • 四十二

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Hello?" I called out, keeping my eyes peeled for anything. "Anyone here?"
"Jungkook?" I sharply turned to face in the direction of the familiar voice.
"Min...seo?" I called out weakly, not believing my ears. Then I saw her. She appeared out of the shadows, looking as healthy as ever. I think her eyes were as wide as mine, but it's hard to tell since mine began to well up with tears. I ambled closer, scared to think that this isn't real. That it's all a dream. But no, there she is, in the flesh. Lee Minseo.

"Well, I gave you some time to get friendly." Min Yoongi smiled devilishly, suddenly appearing out of nowhere.
"Get away Yoongi!" I yelled, grabbing Minseo defensively. "Come on Minseo, let's go-"

I stopped mid-sentence, suddenly feeling the missing presence from my side. Minseo wasn't stood by me anymore. The room started to become static, the crackly noise echoing in my ears.

"Did you think that I'd just let you take Minseo away like that?" Yoongi laughed.
"What are you up to!?" I yelled at him, instantly regretting as I ended up gripping my head in pain. The noise, it hurts. It was getting louder and louder, hurting more and more. But then it went quiet.

"I'm sorry Jungkook." Minseo mumbled. "I don't feel it anymore."

"NO!" I yelled out, sharply widening my eyes as I shot up with a bolt in my bed. My room partner, Hoseok, immediately jumped out of his skin at my sudden yell, screaming along with me.
"Hey!" He whisper-yelled after recollecting himself. "What are you doing!? It's nearly four in the morning!?"
"O-oh, sorry..." I mumbled, as the grumpy man snuggled back into his bed.

I tried to go back to sleep, but my mind kept itself occupied. Why am I having these strange nightmares? They're all about the same thing too....

It- it can't have been real, right?

There's no way she'd have said that...

I got out of bed, getting changed into my work clothes despite the fact that it was only just getting light outside, and I left the dorm to get some air. Well, to re-trace my steps.

I took Jin's car keys with me and hopped into his car, which was in its usual parking space. As I sat down in the drivers seat sudden memories came flooding back to me. It was going dark, and I was meeting Yoongi at the barn. Before leaving, I quickly checked my phone.

-------------
[Yoongi]: You wanna see Minseo? Meet at the old barn tomorrow at 10pm.
[Yoongi]: And you better not bring anyone else this time, or you really will never see Minseo ever again.
[Yoongi]: Make sure to keep this a secret too. See you soon, Jungkookie~
-------------

Those were sent two days ago.

Swiftly sliding my phone into my pocket, I started the engine and drove to the barn, which didn't take long as there was no traffic at this time. As I reached the rustic building, I got out the car, getting flashbacks of the night I'd forgotten. I remember this part. Wandering up to the barn, I opened the creaky door and ambled inside, suddenly being slapped with memories that had been shrouded from my view.

I remember walking in, seeing Minseo, and then I rushed over to her, hugging her to death. The memories were as clear as day in my head, almost as if Minseo was really in the room with me. I ambled over to the spot where I hugged her. Where I kissed her.

Then there was a forced cough. It was Yoongi. I remember the develish smirk on his face. I remember wanting to punch it so hard.

"Come on Minseo, let's go." I remember trying to walk away.
"You think you're leaving without an answer?" Yoongi asked. What? I tried to ignore Yoongi, but Minseo stopped me from taking her away. Why did she do that? We could've just walked away.

I remember being so confused, glancing from a smirking Yoongi and a guilty-looking Minseo. What were they doing?

"Did you think that I'd just let you take Minseo away like that? There's a reason I asked you to come here. Me and Minseo made an agreement: I told her that if she still had feelings for you, she could leave with you. If not, she stays here." I remember what he said as clear as day.

I remember trying to leave, thinking that Yoongi was lying, and Minseo wouldn't be stupid enough to believe him. But I was interrupted.
"I'm sorry Jungkook." Minseo mumbled.

"What?" I asked, and she let go of my hand, letting hers fall limp to her side. "W-What are you doing?" I stuttered. "Are you saying that..."
"That I don't feel it anymore?" She replied. "That I don't feel the same as I used to?"
"You're.... You're kidding, right?" I tried to laugh it off. "Come on, don't fool around now. Let's-"
"Jungkook." Yoongi growled, walking closer. "It's her choice, let her be."

I felt a tear run down my face. And another. And another. And another. I clenched my fists in anger, my fingernails harshly digging into my skin.

I remember yelling out. "You brainwashed her!" I pulled out my gun, pointing it at Yoongi. "You fucking bastard! How could you!?" I remember Yoongi's face; the way he smirked at me. He knew he'd won, he was teasing me. Insulting me.

Then I felt it. A gun pushed against the back of my head. It was Yoongi's guards. I could almost feel the gun pressed against my head now, and I violently wiped my face to get rid of the tears streaming down my face.

I remember him mocking me. "You're losing your edge." He said, before leaning into my ear.

"I get it though. She's a fucking good kisser."

I remember punching Yoongi square in the face. He fell back, but I was immediately restrained by Yoongi's guards. Even still, Yoongi only laughed.

He continued to wind me up. "Ahh, those beautiful times me and Minseo would spend by the lake were the best." He smirked. "She sure as hell looks beautiful in my clothes."
"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed, trying to break free, but to no avail. I felt the pain in my heart as the memories ran through my mind. Why do I only remember this now? Why does it have to be so clear, when it hurts so much?

"Get him outta here." Yoongi mumbled, and the next thing I remember is a sharp pain to the side of my head.... then nothing.

That was it. I'm guessing I was knocked out. Since I was in an alleyway when BamBam woke me up. So was Seokjin's car returned to our dorm?

Shit. Seokjin's car!

I ran back outside. The sun had completely risen now, and Jin would be needing to drive to work soon. Practically jumping into the car, I started the engine and sped off back to the dorm. When I arrived, I saw Namjoon opening the door.
"Joon!" I yelled, throwing him the keys. "Give them to Jin please? I need to go to work! Bye!" Running off, I left my hyung to return the keys.

I can't believe him. That bastard Yoongi brainwashed her. She's gone insane because of him! I hate him so much!!

I need to tell them what happened at the police station.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1263