32 • 三十二

- Min Yoongi's POV -

"So, Sehun," the news lady smiled repulsively. "How close are you and Minseo?"
"We were pretty much best friends," Sehun smiled weakly in return. "We met through work a couple of years ago, and I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like her."
"Did you know her kidnapper? Min Yoongi?" She asked him.

"No, not really." He replied. "I'd heard of him before: he was best friends with Minseo's boyfriend." The news lady gasped, but then continued talking. Fuck, they're doing this to get to Minseo. I clenched my fists in anger, and noticed that Minseo swiftly turned her head to look at me.

"Do you have any idea why he kidnapped her?" She questioned him.
"Well, I heard that Minseo was receiving texts off him, so I guess it was something to do with jealousy?" He told the lady, and she nodded in understanding. Sehun had tears brimming in his eyes.

"I also heard that you were very close with one of Min Yoongi's victims, Kim Jongin."
"I was." Sehun sighed, wiping a tear from under his eye. I noticed that Minseo began to get all emotional over Sehun crying. "I miss him so much, and with Minseo gone I-" he cut himself off. He's trying to guilt trip Minseo into leaving!? No, no he can't do that.
"Thank you Sehun," the lady smiled weakly at him, and I abruptly turned off the TV, storming out of the room. I couldn't take anymore of that guy.

He needs to go.

I went to my office, flicked through all my files and found the one labelled Oh Sehun. Finding his phone number, I picked up one of the many random phones I kept in a drawer and sent him a text.

----------------
[Me]: Meet at this address tomorrow at 10pm. Come alone.
----------------

No one will take Minseo away.

"Yoongi?" I heard Minseo call. It was the next day and Minseo was still in her pyjamas - which consisted of short shorts and an oversized jumper - and she walked into the kitchen. I was in the kitchen, sat at my seat as the plates from my finished breakfast were being taken away.
"Morning." I smiled briefly, suddenly finding the floor very interesting. Damn, why can't she wear real fucking clothes!? Shit.

"C-can I have breakfast?" She stuttered quietly, and I let the chef but in.
"What would you like Miss?" He asked her enthusiastically. "I'll cook whatever you want."
"Whatever I want?" She repeated.
"Yes Miss." The chef replied.
"Could I have soup with a bowl of boiled rice and some side dishes?" She asked, and the chef bowed, walking off to the kitchen.

"Very traditional of you." I remarked, now messing with the hem of my shirt. Anything to keep my eyes averted from her beautiful figure. Fuck! Stop picturing her! Ahh!
"Well," she smiled weakly. "He said whatever I wanted, and the last time I had this was when I was back in high school." She sighed.

"You should've said before." I replied, a small smirk playing on my face as I rested my elbows on the table, finally mustering up the courage to look at her. "I would've got them to make it for you." She exhaled, smiling slightly, and sat opposite me at the small island in the kitchen.

Her food had arrived^^ and Minseo thanked the chef, digging in to her food

Her food had arrived^^ and Minseo thanked the chef, digging in to her food. It was quiet for a while, until Minseo broke the silence.
"Yoongi?" She spoke in a monotone voice.
"Yeah?"

"Why did you kiss me yesterday?"

I froze. Shit. What the fuck do I say to that!?
"You tried to escape." I swiftly replied. "I told you there'd be a punishment."
"But a kiss?" She pursued. "Why a kiss?"
"What were you expecting?" I retorted. "Assault? Rape?" She stayed quiet. "We're you honestly expecting me to stoop that low?"
"I-I just wondered..." She mumbled. I sighed, standing up out of my seat.
"Are you really that oblivious?" I mumbled, before walking off out the kitchen.

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Excuse me," I overheard a familiar voice at the reception of the police station. This place has basically been a home for the four of us working on the case, since we rarely ever go home. "I'd like to speak to the people working on the recent kidnapping case."
"Oh Sehun?" I walked over, seeing him turn his head to face me.
"Ahh, Jungkook," He smiled weakly. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"
"Sure," I replied, gesturing him over to office where the rest of us were working.

Track suits adorned all our bodies and our hair was a mess. Hell, even Jisoo didn't make an effort anymore. We all had serious bags under our eyes, so much so I recon you could carry shopping in them - that's how tired we all were. We'd been working non-stop trying to find Minseo and Yoongi.
"Oh Sehun is here to speak with us." I spoke in a monotone voice. The three of them looked up, and I'm pretty sure Mingyu was jolted awake from a sudden nap, and me and Sehun took our seats around the table.

"Good Morning Oh Sehun." Minho yawned.
"Umm, it's two o'clock in the afternoon." Sehun mumbled, and Minho checked his watch.
"Oh, so it is." He muttered to himself. "Anyway, what brings you here?"
"I received a text off an unknown number yesterday," He began, pulling out his phone. "I would've come earlier but I had work." Showing us the text,we all sighed heavily.

"Is this a threat?" Jisoo questioned, after reading the text.
"Who would it be?" Mingyu asked.
"Wait," I mumbled. "Sehun, you were on TV yesterday, right?"
"Y-yes." He stuttered. "Why?"
"And you mentioned how upset you were about everything." I added, and he nodded. "Do you think Yoongi saw it?"

"But why would that give him an incentive to send this?" Mingyu asked.
"He could've been angry that he was mentioned on TV?" Jisoo suggested.
"Or maybe Minseo saw it too." I said. "And seeing how upset all her friends are would make her try to escape even more."
"So Yoongi is eliminating threats." Minho finished, and I nodded.

"So what do we do?" Sehun asked. "Should I go?"
"No." Jisoo said abruptly. "It's too dangerous."
"But what'll happen if we don't listen to him?" Mingyu asked. "I mean, look what happened when other people got on the wrong side of him."
"I mean, you could go..." Minho mumbled. "We'd send people with you, of course, and it could also mean that Yoongi comes out of hiding."

"But it said to go alone." Sehun sighed. "Isn't that getting on his bad side?"
"Not if we're not caught." I told them. "Only us five need to go. That way it'll be secretive and Yoongi is less likely to find out that Sehun isn't alone."
"Plus Yoongi will be alone." Minho added. "He's working solo, so he won't have anyone to back him up."
"So we're going?" Jisoo asked, and everyone nodded.
"Right then," Minho smiled, standing up.

"Let's go catch ourselves a villain."

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1203