49 • 四十九

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Is that who I think it is..." Mingyu mumbled.
"Yep." Minho replied. "It's him. Min Yoongi." We all stared at each other, wide eyed, but then I spotted movement in the corner of my eye.
"DON'T MOVE!" I yelled, but it was too late. Mr. Choi had pressed a small red button under his desk, and the four of us immediately stepped away from the desk, our guns pointing at the man.

He sat at his desk with his arms above his head, suddenly beginning to chuckle to himself. The chuckles turned to laughs, and the laughs turned hysterical.

"Mr. Choi," Minho tried to calm him down, but it didn't work.
"We're all done for!" He cried, and the panic in my eyes began to show. "Something is wrong! He's sent us a warning!"
"What do you mean Mr.Choi?" Jisoo yelled.
"He's going to wreak havoc on us all!" He cackled, but began to calm down after that. What on earth!?

At that moment a huge group of people came swarming in, their faces covered with balaclavas and pistols in their hands, making them unrecognisable and a threat. The room was hectic: the four of us were still holding our positions, but we were outnumbered and in a very dangerous position.

"If I were you I'd put the weapons down." Mr. Choi spoke up, but was ignored.
"Why are there so many?" Jisoo questioned. "I thought this town was crime free?"
"Correction," Mr. Choi coughed. "This town was living in harmony, the criminals stayed away from the police and the police never looked into anything. Only now that you've started prying are you digging up the underground." Our eyes widened further, as we glanced at each other for reassurance. Is this true?

"And don't bother trying to arrest us." One of the masked men spoke up. "You'll have much more on your plate than this when you think it's all over." There was a pause, with me, Jisoo and Mingyu looking to Minho for guidance, when he holstered his pistol and held his hands int he air. We copied, since he was our leader.

"Okay," he sighed. "If you let me and all of my crew go, we won't take any action on the events today." He bargained. They seemed to comply, as the large group of people split into two, creating a pathway for the four of us to walk through. As we reached the reception we noticed that Minseok, Moonbyul and the others were being held hostage, their hands behind their back and guns pointed to their heads. However, when we were spotted walking away the officers were released and allowed to follow behind us.

We made our way to our cars, getting in and driving away as fast as we could. Sometimes you forget that dealing with the law can be so dangerous....

"Jungkook," Minho spoke up after a dragged out silence. "Did you get the camera?"
"Yeah, I've got it." I sighed in response, and it felt as if a weight had been lifted once I'd spoken. We'd gotten what we came for - and more - and we'd escaped without any injuries.

"When we get back to the station," Minho began. "I'll give the camera to Jinki for him to turn into proper solid evidence, then we can see if we can get a warrant to enter the property." I clenched my fist in excitement.

This is it. We can get a warrant, which means we can catch the bastard. I can get Minseo back.

"Should we keep the place on watch?" Jisoo suggested. "Just to make sure."
"That's a good idea." Minho sighed. "We can tell police in the local area to keep an eye on the place, and make sure no one leaves."

Minho pulled in at the police station, and the four of us got out the car and walked in the building.
"Oh! Minseok!" Minho stopped the man before him and his squad could walk away. "Thank you for coming in to help us today, and I'm so sorry that you were all put in that situation."

"It's fine," Minseok smiled - somewhat cutely - whilst scratching the back of his neck. "We're police officers, so we should always expect it." And with that they walked off, Moonbyul sending me a cheeky wink as she did so, causing me to roll my eyes. They were on their way home, since they work night shifts and came in on this occasion as a favour.

"Right then everyone!" Minho yelled. "We've got a lot to do in the next-" he checked his watch. "- ten hours! So let's get to it!"

- Oh Sehun's POV -

It's Sunday the 26th March, and me and Lu Han spent the whole weekend together as a couple. Luckily for us, we live in a place where homosexuality was not despised, so walking round holding hands wasn't a problem.

Actually, it was a problem; I couldn't do that as I still had my crutches. It was a pain.

On Saturday we went out for a picnic, and Lu Han insisted on carrying all the bags, which made my heart ache. I made sure to steal a backpack from his car boot before he could grab it, but that was all he'd let me do.

Despite that, we had an amazing time out. Unbeknownst to me, he'd made all the food himself, and even brought strawberries and cream for desert. What a romantic nerd.

"Here, say aaah!" I smiled warmly at him, holding up a strawberry with the white cream dotted at the end. He laughed at my sudden action, but then let me feed him the strawberry.

"Hey!" He huffed, noticing that I'd accidentally smudged a bit of cream on the corner of his mouth.
Definitely by accident.
"Haha, I'm sorry." I smiled, leaning closer. "I can wipe it off, if you want?" At this Lu Han lifted his arms and rested them on my shoulders, staring into my eyes with a wide smile on his face the entire time.
"That would be nice." He replied, still giggling slightly like a little child.

"Do you wanna watch some TV?" Lu Han asked me, sitting down on the sofa next to me. I was on my phone, but put it down as soon as he came over, and pulled his small frame closer to mine.
"Sure." I replied, and he grabbed the remote and began flicking through the channels. Until we stopped at the news.

"Breaking news. This morning at 11:23am the local police met with psychiatrist Mr. Choi Jinho, who they had claimed had 'been in contact with Min Yoongi in the past 72 hours'." Me and Lu Han were silent, and I felt myself tense up at the name.

"The 19 year old girl Lee Minseo has yet to be found, and is suspected to be held hostage by Min Yoongi." I held Lu Han closer, mainly for my own emotional support. I can't believe this whole time I've been having fun when Minseo is still not home.

"Sehun." Lu Han mumbled. "You okay?" I replied with a light squeeze to his small frame, and continued to watch the TV.
"More will be revealed when information is released, but rumours are spreading that the police are 'close to catching the criminal' and can expect to have a warrant 'in the next couple of da-"

Lu Han turned off the TV, most likely because he noticed the small, single tear that had managed to escape from my eyes. He turned around to face me, following to wipe away the tear.
"The little son of a bitch did it." I smiled at him. "Jungkook's gonna get Minseo back." He only nodded silently in reply, leaning in to give me a hug. I returned the gesture, smiling slightly as I did so.

He's done it. Minseo's coming home soon!

Ayyyy look at that; the ending is closer than I thought!

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1339