39 • 三十九

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

After spending a lot of time walking around the empty park as the sun began to set, I decided to finally walk back to the dorm. It was 8:06pm, and I decided that I needed to think about everything before going home. Especially after receiving that text off Yoongi.

Arriving at the dorm, I kicked off my shoes, hung up my coat and ambled into the house. In the living room, Taehyung and Hoseok were sat cross-legged on the floor, playing on the Xbox we all share. What I wasn't expecting was who was sat on the sofa, his legs up.

"Jimin!?" I exclaimed, running round to face him. He smiled sweetly, waving at me whilst flashing an eye smile.
"Hi Jungkook~" He greeted me.
"You got discharged?" I assumed, and he nodded.
"This morning." He replied. "Taehyung and Hoseok came and picked me up and they've looked after me all day."

"By 'looked after' do you mean dumped you on the sofa and left you whilst they play their game?" I asked, smiling a little.
"Actually!" Taehyung butted in. "We've been very helpful!"
"We brought him water and everything!" Hoseok added, neither of them taking their eyes off their game.

"But what about you?" Jimin's facial expression became serious. "Do you normally come home this late?"
"Late?" I asked. "It's only 8:30 in the-"
"He usually comes home a lot later." Taehyung told Jimin. "Ten o'clock, half past. Round then."
"Seriously?" Jimin asked, shocked. He looked me in the eyes. "Hey, you shouldn't over-work yourself!" He scolded.
"I don't." I huffed, looking away.
"I can see those bags under your eyes." He retorted. "You're not gonna be any help if you're not fully awake and functioning."
"Jimin, trust me, I'm fine." I told him.

"Where are you sleeping tonight?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Can Jimin sleep in your bed?" Hoseok asked me. "So none of us disturb him?"
"Sure, that's fine." I smiled warmly.
"Thank you Jungkook." Jimin smiled in return. "But.... Can you help me up?"

I rushed to Jimin's side and helped him stand up, and stood near as he walked into my room. I brought in a few of his things from the room he shares with Hoseok, swapping his pillow and quilt for mine.
"Hey, you don't need to do all this for me!" He smiled sheepishly.

"Don't be stupid." I mumbled, placing his pillow on my bed. "Have you eaten?"
"Yeah." He replied.
"I made him ramen!!" Taehyung yelled from the living room.
"WE made him ramen!!!" Hoseok retorted, and they continued to argue over the matter.

"Jungkook," As I was about to walk off, I stopped once hearing Jimin call my name. "Please don't over-work yourself."
"Don't worry hyung," I smiled.

"I think I'll find her really soon."

I didn't get much sleep that night. Mainly because I couldn't get Minseo out of my mind. She's not dead, I know that. But what I'm worried about is whether she's healthy. Who knows what the bastard's done to her. The thought that she could be quivering with fear, locked away in a cold basement, scares the life out of me.

I hope she's okay.

Besides, even when my mind eventually stopped worrying, the whole dorm was probably kept up by Jimin's sudden splutters. The first time we all came running to his aid, panicked a bit, then got him some water - apparently that works. According to Namjoon, his throat is so sore and dry since when he first came out of the operating room, he had tubes coming and going in and out of his body. (You know, because his kidney was gone) so the dry throat was because of those tubes in his mouth, and he'd start choking in the middle of the night.

So no one really got any sleep, but no one really minds. Jimin even said himself that he feels more comfortable at the dorm compared to the hospital, so as long as he's happy, we're happy.

I just hope he gets better soon...

The next day I got out of the house pretty early since I didn't sleep much. I used a little bit of makeup to cover my eye bags (sshhhh no-one will know) and ate my breakfast at the nearby cafe I usually eat at. As I was ordering, the girl working at the till - who I'd never seen before, and who seemed to be the only person working there this early in the morning - kept sending me a few looks, until she finally plucked up the courage to say something.

"Umm.. by any chance... are you one of the police officers working on the homicide cases?" She asked shyly.
"Yeah..." I mumbled sleepily in reply. "I'm Jeon Jungkook."
"Oh, nice to meet you, in Park Chaeyoung." She smiled sweetly.
"So, how come you know me?" I asked.
"I know- I mean... I knew Lalisa." Her smile suddenly dropped, and she turned around to make my coffee.
"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." I replied sincerely.

There was a bit of an awkward silence.

"I also know Kim Jisoo." She added, turning back around and placing the to-go cup on the counter, before reaching for a muffin. "She works on the case with you? Right?" She questioned.
"Yeah she does." I told Chaeyoung. "She's been so helpful, the whole team has, but I don't know what we would have done if Jisoo-Noona didn't move here from further in Seoul."

"Noona?" She asked. "How old are you?"
"A '97 liner." I replied.
"Oh, me too." She smiled sweetly again, placing the blueberry muffin on the counter. "Oh, and that'll be ₩7000." I pulled out my wallet, giving her the money and said goodbye, taking my coffee and my muffin before walking off outside. I'll probably just sit and eat this on a park bench since I've got no where else to-

"Jungkook!" I looked up, hearing the familiar high pitched voice, to see Minho and Jisoo walking hand-in-hand towards me. "How are you?"
"Hi Jisoo, Minho, I'm good thank you."
"Hey," Minho spoke up. "You don't have to call me formally when we're not at work."
"Can I call you hyung?" I asked, and he nodded in reply.

"So, what are you doing here so early?" Jisoo asked me.
"Well, I didn't get much sleep last night-" I paused, debating whether I should tell them about the text, but decided against it. "So I decided to get out of the dorm earlier today. What about you?"
"Me and Minho come here everyday before work." She smiles cheekily, sending Minho a glance. Saying his name informally? With a four year age gap!? Oof, what is this?

"We'll see you at work then?" Minho asked, then I nodded, bowing.
"See you later!" I smiled, before leaving the two to walk into the cafe I just left.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1170