22 • 二十二

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

Wait, hold on....

I need my laptop. Now.

Sprinting as fast as I could, I arrived at the door that felt so welcoming, yet unwelcoming at the same time. Minseo's house. What do I do? Just knock on the door and hope she answers? Or do I just walk in? No. I can't do that.

I ambled up to the door as if it were some wild beast, and knocked on it a couple times. I waited a while, but just as I was about to knock again, I saw the twisting of the doorknob. The door opened, revealing Minseo, who seemed very shocked to see me. She had mascara running down her cheeks, and I felt an instant pang of guilt hit my heart.

"Oh, uhh.. hi... I- eh... Can I get my laptop?" I stuttered, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. She closed her eyes and nodded silently, opening the door a little wider so I could walk inside. My instant thought was to go and plop myself down on her sofa - like I usually do - but remembered that I shouldn't.

"Jungkook?" I was putting my laptop in its case when I heard Minseo call my name quietly. I turned to face her, and she stood by the entrance to the living room. "Is... is that what you really think? Do you really think I'd cheat?"

I gave her a sad look, and stood up properly, taking a deep breath.
"No, I don't think you cheated," I began. "But I know something is wrong and I'm upset that you can't tell me what it is."
"But what if it's something I can't tell anyone." She mumbled, tears threatening to spill.

"You know that you can always tell me everything." I replied, turning back to packing my laptop away. "I always tell you everything."
"But this is different..." She muttered.
"No Minseo." I sighed, standing up after finishing packing it up. "People who truly love each other tell the other everything. That includes what you'd call different."

"Can't you just trust me on this?" She pleaded. "I can sort it out."
"I'll let you sort it out then." I retorted harshly. "Since you're so convinced that you can do it by yourself. Tell me when you're done, and then we can talk about sorting our lives out. Right now, we just need to focus on what's right in front of us, and for me it's this case."

She didn't reply, so I walked out, closing the door behind me.

- Lee Minseo's POV -

"Can't you just trust me on this?" I begged with a pleasing look in my eyes. "I can sort it out."
"I'll let you sort it out then." He spat, giving me a harsh glare. "Since you're so convinced that you can do it by yourself." He picked up his laptop case and made his way to the door, but stopped when he was near me. "Tell me when you're done, and then we can talk about sorting our lives out. Right now, we just need to focus on what's right in front of us, and for me it's this case."

Then he just walked out, closing the door behind him. Why can't he just trust me? If I tell him about the stalker then he's going to die, along with countless others. I felt another tear run down my cheek, as I heard the buzzing of my phone. Walking over, I picked it up to see that I received another message.

--------------
[Unknown]: Finally, he's out the picture.
[Unknown]: Now I can call you mine for real <3
[Unknown]: I've been thinking of nicknames for you~
[Unknown]: How do you like MinMin? I think it's adorable, just like you~ 💋
---------------