40 • 四十

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

"Seokjin!?" I yelled from the living room. "Can I borrow your car tonight? I need to go somewhere."
"Where?" He asked, poking his head round from the kitchen. It was 9pm, and I needed to be at the barn in an hour.
"It's.. confidential." I told him. "I'm sorry, but it's to do with the case."
"Okay then," Seokjin smiled reassuringly. "If it helps with the case, then that's fine by me." I stood up, walking into the kitchen - where Jin was cooking tomorrow's breakfast for those who had work early - and he threw me his car keys.

Yeah, I have a licence, but I've never really needed a car since I just walk to work. The only people who don't have a licence are Jimin, Namjoon and Minseo.

Minseo.... I'm coming to get you.

Unlocking Seokjin's car, I hopped in, starting up the engine. It was dark outside at this time, making what I was about to do all the more scary. No one knows about what I'm doing, unlike last time with Sehun. I could die, but if I'm going to see Minseo, surely he wouldn't kill me in front of her. If his aim is to make her fall in love with him, he won't do something as stupid as that.

Plus, he's supposed to be my hyung. I've known him for years... no one can be that crazy to kill someone they've known, and lived with, for years. Right?

I came to a halt outside the barn. Checking the time, I saw that it was 9:57pm. I made my way over, making sure my gun was hidden away in the back of my jeans, covered by my coat. I made my way inside, looking into every corner suspiciously. It was exactly as I remember it from the previous visits. Yoongi hasn't messed with anything, by the looks of things.

"Hello?" I called out, keeping my eyes peeled for anything. "Anyone here?"
"Jungkook?" I sharply turned to face in the direction of the familiar voice.
"Min...seo?" I called out weakly, not believing my ears. Then I saw her. She appeared out of the shadows, looking as healthy as ever. I think her eyes were as wide as mine, but it's hard to tell since mine began to well up with tears. I ambled closer, scared to think that this isn't real. That it's all a dream. But no, there she is, in the flesh. Lee Minseo.

My feet took over, rushing over to her and embracing her in a tight, warming hug.
"Oh my god Minseo I missed you so much!" I cried, squeezing her half to death.
"I missed you too." She cried, pressing her face into my chest. I then pulled away to look at her face, her beautiful face. I can't believe it. She's here. She's safe. I leant in, giving her a soft passionate kiss on the lips. Oh damn I've missed this; the softness of her lips gently pressed against mine felt like finally discovering an oasis in a desert.

A forced cough then interrupted our meeting. We pulled away, and I looked to my right to see the one person I really didn't want to see right now.
"Well, I gave you some time to get friendly." He smiled devilishly.
"Get away Yoongi!" I yelled, grabbing Minseo defensively. "Come on Minseo, let's go."
"You think you're leaving without an answer?" Yoongi asked. What? I tried to ignore Yoongi, but Minseo stopped me from taking her away.

"What is it?" I whispered to her.
"Well Minseo, what do you think?" Yoongi asked her.
"Wait, what the hell is going on?" I ordered, still holding onto Minseo's hand, whilst her head was looking down. Yoongi laughed.
"Did you think that I'd just let you take Minseo away like that?" He asked in disbelief. "There's a reason I asked you to come here,"

I immediately looked around, but no one else was here besides the three of us.
"What are you up to!?" I yelled at him.
"Me and Minseo made an agreement," Yoongi began. "I told her that if she still had feelings for you, she could leave with you. If not, she stays here."
"What kind of shitty agreement is that?" I retorted. "Come on Minseo. We need to lea-" I was interrupted.

"I'm sorry Jungkook." Minseo mumbled.
"What?" I asked, and she let go of my hand, letting hers fall limp to her side.

"W-What are you doing..?" I stuttered.
"Are you saying that..."
"That I don't feel it anymore?" She replied. "That I don't feel the same as I used to?"
"You're.... You're kidding, right?" I tried to laugh it off. "Come on, don't fool around now. Let's-"
"Jungkook." Yoongi growled, walking closer. "It's her choice, let her be."

"NO!" I yelled out. "You... You brainwashed her!" I pulled out my gun, pointing it at Yoongi. "You fucking bastard! How could you!?" Minseo couldn't do anything except cry. Is this really what she wants?
"Put the gun down Jungkook." Yoongi ordered.
"Try me, you son of a bitch!" I spat, taking a step closer, but Yoongi only smirked.

Then I felt it. A gun pushed against the back of my head. Of course, Yoongi's guards.
"Come on, Jungkook." Yoongi laughed, walking over and snatching the pistol out of my hand. "You're losing your edge." He then stepped even closer, leaning into my ear.

"I get it though. She's a fucking good kisser."

I lashed out, punching Yoongi square in the face. He fell back, but I was immediately restrained by Yoongi's guards. Even still, Yoongi only laughed. Minseo had disappeared; I tried looking round, but she was nowhere in sight.
"Ahh, those beautiful times me and Minseo would spend by the lake were the best." He smirked. "She sure as hell looks beautiful in my clothes."
"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed, trying to break free, but to no avail.

"Get him outta here." Yoongi mumbled, and the next thing I remember is a sharp pain to the side of my head.... then nothing.

"Jungkook? Jungkook? Wake up." I heard a voice call my name as I slowly opened my eyes. Why is it so cold? "Jungkook, are you okay?" I looked up to see a familiar face staring down at me.
"BamBam?" I mumbled, suddenly feeling a horrible pain in my head.
"What happened?" He asked. I thought back, but couldn't seem to remember.
"I-I think I got hit... in the head..." I managed to say, and he helped me stand up.

"What... time is it?" I questioned, still holding my head in pain. I leant on BamBam for support, since I felt dizzy.
"Nearly 2am." He replied. "I was going for a walk when I saw you sat in this alleyway, passed out. Have you been drinking?"
"N-no.." I stuttered.
"Let me take you back to our dorm. It's only over there." BamBam said, and we slowly made our way over to their apartment building.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1186