26 • 二十六

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

The next day came, and I was peacefully strolling along the cracked pavement on my way to work. I noticed Mingyu come from around the corner, and I waved at him until he noticed me.
"Hey Mingyu!" I yelled, running over the road to walk with him.
"Hey," he smiled. "How come you're so happy?"
"I don't know," I sighed, looking at the ground. "I guess I just feel like we're getting so close with the case."
"Speaking of the case," Mingyu took a deep breath. "Have you spoken to Jimin?"

Fuck.

"Oh crap," I face palmed myself. "I forgot."
"Well, call him now." He told me, and I pulled out my phone. Scrolling through the contacts, I laid eyes upon Jimin's contact number.
"Just call," Mingyu told me. He's now up to date with all the drama in my life since I told him yesterday.

"He's not gonna kill you or anything."

I took another deep breath before tapping on his number, letting the phone ring. It's amazing how someone's mood can change depending on the situation. Placing the phone to my ear, I'd realised that Jimin had picked up.

"Hello?" He spoke.
"Hi." I greeted. "Can you come to the police station in a bit?"
"Umm, sure..." Jimin replied, sounding a little uneasy and confused. "What for?"
"It's just for the case, that's all." I told him, not wanting to scare the potential culprit away.
"What time should I come?" He asked me.
"Around half eleven, midday." I replied. "Is that okay? You're not working are you?"
"No it's alright. I'll see you then." He replied coldly.
"Bye." I hung up, feeling guilty as fuck.

"What's wrong now?" Mingyu asked me. We'd nearly arrived at the police station by this point.
"I just feel really bad." I confessed. "I mean, he's my hyung, yet I couldn't tell him that we were gonna arrest him on suspicion of murder." I ran my hand through my hair - a habit I'd picked up from Jimin himself - and exhaled deeply.

I looked up to see the police station, and me and Mingyu walked inside through the glass doors. As we wandered in to Minho's office, I noticed that Jisoo was sat in her usual seat, looking through some papers.
"Hey Jisoo." I smiled weakly, and she smiled back.
"Hi Jungkook, hi Mingyu." She greeted us as we walked in and took our seats.
"How are you?" Mingyu asked, and she looked up from her papers.
"I'm fine," she replied, obviously lying; it was the same with me when I lost Yugyeom, but you just have to keep going.

"I got the autopsy results." She told us, handing us one of the many pieces of paper.

Name: MANOBAN Lalisa
Date of Birth: 27/03/97
Race: Thai
Age: 19
Sex: Female

Just like the last two, the internal and external examinations were very similar to Jongin's and Yugyeom's, but differed slightly because of her gender. However, I continued reading.

Time of Death: Body temperature, rigor and livor mortis and stomach contents approximate the time of death between 9:30 and 11:30 P.M. on 08/03/17.
Immediate Cause of Death: Exsanguination due to an excess loss of blood.
Manner of Death: Homicide

"Just like Jongin and Yugyeom." Mingyu sighed.
"Did you call Jimin?" Minho asked, and I nodded.
"He's coming around midday." I replied, checking the time. It was still early in the morning, about 8am.
"Okay," Minho sighed. "I hope you're right."

- Lee Minseo's POV -

It was 10am, and I knew I had to go outside at some point. I couldn't sleep at all last night, I'd been worrying too much about what will happen if I go outside.