12 • 十二

- Lee Minseo's POV -

After the visit, Sehun dropped me off back home, and I thanked him for doing so. Uhh, I'm in such a bad mood; I need to let off some steam.
"The gym!" I exclaimed, but then I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it, and I bet you can guess who it was.

-------------
[Unknown]: Good idea ;)
-------------

I shivered at the thought of this person watching me all the time, but decided to text back.

-------------
[Me]: Can you stop fucking watching me?
[Unknown]: But that ruins all the fun babe~
[Me]: Babe ??
[Unknown]: You don't like your nickname?
[Unknown]: I have a list of them you want to hear it honey~
[Me]: No, thanks. Just leave me the fuck alone.
[Unknown]: No
[Me]: Why? You know I can just call the cops on you...
[Unknown]: Haha, did you forget that your little Kookie's life is on the line?
[Unknown]: Besides, even if you did rat me out to the police, they still won't be able to find me.
[Unknown]: So just go to the goddamn gym before I start spilling blood sweetheart~

[Chat deleted by - Unknown]
------------------

Did that arsehole just threaten me to keep fit? Who the fuck is this person? They said that Kookie's life is on the line, so does that mean that he's gonna die next? What if it's because of something I do!?

- Jeon Jungkook's POV -

After hours and hours of scrolling through messages and listening to phone calls, it was now 8:00pm - time to go home. Since I'm in charge of all digital evidence, I have to record all data for each person I've ever done a case on, on my laptop. Each name saved has 2 main folders: Useful and Useless. Something useless would be the last call Kim Jongin had with his mum, since it had nothing to do with his death, but something useful would be the last text he received off an Unknown number, since I think it has something to do with his death.

And it was received at 10:46pm, in between his estimated time of death.

"Hey, Jungkook." Mingyu called to me. "I've finished putting the evidence away; let's go home." Mingyu is in charge of all the physical evidence, such as Kim Jongin's wallet and possessions.
"Okay." I smiled, packing my laptop in its case. "See you tomorrow Jisoo!" I yelled to Jisoo, who waved me and Mingyu off.

"So, what are you planning to do tomorrow?" Mingyu asked.
"Well, I was gonna check in with the security department and see if I could look at what the surveillance cameras picked up around the city between 9:30 and 11:30 PM." I told him. "You?"
"I was gonna send off Jongin's clothes and pocket items to be scanned for fingerprints." He replied. "That department isn't that busy right now, so I was planning to stay there and help out for the day and hopefully I'll get the results before I can go home."

"I heard that Minho has found out where both Jongin and Yugyeom used to live, and emailed their flat mates asking if they could check their flat for any evidence." Mingyu added. "So if we can get a positive reply we can go investigate there in a couple of days."

"And isn't Jisoo writing out alerts for the newspapers asking for witnesses?" I asked. "And I heard she was going to see if the autopsy results were back for Yugyeom."
"Yeah," Mingyu sighed. "Man, working as a cop is hard shit."
"Tell me about it." I sighed, brushing my hand through my hair. Ughh! I'm picking up Jimin's habit!

"Hey, you don't need to act all manly just because you're a cop you know." He gave me a look. "It's okay to be upset; you lost someone you knew."
"I just feel as if I have others counting on me." I replied. "I mean, I feel as if I should be the one helping Minseo through it, you know? She gets panic attacks a lot, and I'm worried that if she sees me break down she'll end up freaking out because I hardly ever break down." I started speaking a lot faster. "And then I need to be calm to calm her down and if I'm not calm she can't breathe and-"

"Jungkook." Mingyu interrupted me. "Take a breath." I did so, and looked at him. "This is where we part." I noticed that we stopped walking, and ended up at some crossroads - where me and Mingyu always part ways after work.
"Oh, yeah. See ya tomorrow." I smiled weakly, waving him off before I crossed the road, walking over to Minseo's apartment. I've started staying with her a lot more frequently now, just to make sure she's okay.

Knocking on the door, I waited patiently for my most favourite person to open the door. When she did, I was greeted with a warm smile, and instantly felt one grow on my own face too.
"Hey Kookie," she smiled, letting me inside. "You're a lot later today."
"Yeah," I sighed, stepping inside. "The case has got me working extra hours; are your okay here by yourself?"

"Yeah," she smiled in reply, and we both walked over to the sofa and sat down facing each other.
"So what did you do today?" I asked her, as she suddenly began undoing the buttons of my shirt, eventually removing it.
"I went to visit Jongin and Yugyeom's shrine with Sehun," She began, then stood up and sat behind me. "Then I went to the gym to let off some steam." She began to gently massage my lower neck and back muscles.

"You looked tense." She bluntly stated, continuing to massage my back. "So, what about you? Find anything out today?"
"Not much about Yugyeom," I sighed. "But Jongin's autopsy results came in, and I found some evidence on Jongin's phone."
"Like what?" She pursued.
"A message, received in between his estimated time of death."

"W-what did it say?" She stuttered. Immediately, I turned around and looked her in the eye. She looked upset. Cupping her cheeks, I stared up at her sad expression; she's holding back tears.
"You don't have to ask for my sake." I told her. "I'm okay with carrying the burden."
"No," she replied, wiping her eyes a little. "I'm fine, you can tell me."

"It said... This is for having a crush on my girl."

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1088