07 • 七

- Lee Minseo's POV -

"He's dead."

I froze in my spot, a mixture of emotions running through my brain. Oh my god. He's messing with me, isn't he? He must be.
"S-Sehun.." I mumbled. "Is he really-"
"He di-didn't come h-home last night and- and the next m-morning his b-body was.. it was-"

I felt tears well up in my eyes, strong enough to spill.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I cried. "I-I'll speak l-later, okay?"
"Stay s-safe, Minseo."

I sat down on the sofa, feeling dizzy and breathing heavily. I cried and cried, thinking about Jongin. It's my fault. My head began to spin and it felt as if my lungs were caving in. Everything was blurry. My breathing quickened. Faster, and faster...

I have a stalker. It's a killer. They killed Jongin. It's my fault. They're gonna kill Jungkook because of me!

I couldn't breathe.

"MINSEO!" I suddenly heard someone bang on the door. "Are you okay!?"
It's getting worse. I... can't... breathe...
"Minseo, look at me." I saw a blurry face with short hair in front of me. "Breathe slowly. Close your eyes and think about when Jungkook asked you out." He said calmly. "Remember how happy you were."

"Breathe in," He grabbed my hands, moving them up slowly. "And out." And slowly moved them down again. "In, and out." After repeating this a few times, and imagining the beautiful smile on Jungkook's face in my mind, my breathing steadied.

I opened my eyes to reveal a familiar face.
"Yoongi," I smiled.
"Yo." He smiled with relief.
"Thank you." I told him.
"It's fine," Yoongi stood back up, since he knelt on the floor before. "Jungkook has us all trained just incase this happened if he was away."
"Really?" I giggled, "I guess I was wondering about how you knew that."

I have panic attacks quite a lot if I'm worried or stressed about anything. It normally happens when I'm at home, and Jungkook's always been there to help me out. I had them in school too, stressing about exams and everything. I think I had one at work once as well, so Sehun knows what to do in those cases too.

"So why did you call me over?" Yoongi asked me.
"Do me a favour and close all the curtains and doors connected to this room." I told him, and I took the battery out of my phone, rendering it useless.

"Erm, what are you doing?" He asked.
"Please; it's important." I begged, and eventually he went and closed all the doors and curtains. I also turned off all electrical appliances; you never know what can be hacked these days.

The two of us sat down on the sofa, facing each other.
"This is weird," Yoongi huffed. "You're acting strange."
"Yoongi," I began. "I'm confused and I need your opinion. Can I trust you not to tell anyone about anything I'm about to tell you?"
"Sure." He shrugged.

"I- I have a stalker." I whispered, and in the dull light I saw his taken aback expression. "And I think they're a killer."
"What the fuck!?" He yelled, and I covered his mouth swiftly.
"Shut the fuck up!" I whisper-yelled. "They could be listening right now!"

"Are you messing with me right now?" He whispered back, and I shook my head.
"At first it was just a message, saying how jealous they were of Jungkook and whatever." I told him. "I mean, I thought it was Jimin playing a prank on me because our names were mentioned."
"Why Jimin?" He asked me, and I shrugged.

"Because.." I mumbled.
"Don't lie." He ordered.
"He confessed to me." I quietly blurted out. "So I thought it was him, but it's not." Yoongi shook his head as if he was thinking 'ugh, too much drama' but continued on.
"So why do you think he's a killer?" Yoongi questioned. "Your stalker."

"I was hanging out with my friend Sehun and his friend Jongin yesterday," I began. "And I heard Jongin mention at some point that he thought I looked nice and was upset to find out I was taken."
"Go on." He urged.

"When Jungkook came home later that day he told me the security cameras had been hacked around that area. And then this morning, Jungkook had to run to the police station because of a code 187, which is-"
"Murder." He mumbled, finishing my sentence.

"Then I got a text off the stalker again, telling me not to snitch... or they'll kill someone else." I carried on. "So they b-basically admitted they killed someone."
"Who was the person that died?" Yoongi asked. "Do you know?"
"It- It was J-Jongin.." I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Jongin's dead because of me. What do I do?"

"Woah, hold on." Yoongi stopped my thoughts. "You're not the one at fault here. You didn't kill Jongin; you had nothing to do with his murder, so stop blaming yourself for something you couldn't help."
"O-okay.." I mumbled.
"And don't pull another fucking attack on me again. I don't wanna deal with that shit."
"Okay," I laughed a little, wiping my eyes to stop tears falling.

"Honestly, this guy's a fucking arsehole." He sighed. "Have you told the police?"
"No," I sighed. "They threatened to kill Jungkook if I did. I don't want him to die, what do I do?"
"Do what you feel is right." He told me. "If that means keeping it a secret for his safety, then do that."

"Because we don't know what this stalker can really do."

"Yoongi." I began. "You can't tell anyone about this." I warned him. "Someone might die because I made a stupid decision."
"Your secret's safe with me." He smiled reassuringly, opening all the curtains and doors again. I put the battery in my phone, and noticed that I had a text of Jungkook.

--------------
[Kookie]: Meet me and the hyungs at the dorm in about an hour. I've got something important to say. X
--------------

"Yoongi," I called. "I just got a text of Jungkook."
"Me too." He replied, walking over towards my whilst texting on his phone. "Meet at the dorm in about an hour?"
"Yeah," I sighed. "He's probably gonna tell us about Jongin." I mumbled.

"Well, since we've got an hour to kill, do you wanna go get some lunch?" He suggested.
"Sure, okay." I replied. "But let's stay on busy streets."
"Good idea." He smiled, and we were about to set off, until I realised something.

"Wait."
"What?"
"I can't go outside."
"Why?"
"I'm still wearing my pyjamas."

He rolled his eyes at me and I giggled.
"I'll be back in a minute; wait here." And I walked off to my bedroom to get changed.

Me and Yoongi walked through the - surprisingly busy - town centre, looking for a place to eat, when we came across KAMONG.
"Isn't that..." Yoongi pointed to the cafe.
"Jongin's sister's cafe." I finished his sentence. It was closed, which means she just found out too.

"Hey, we could go to the cafe that Kim Yugyeom works at." I suggested, changing the subject. "It's just around the corner, and he works there with his hyung, Im Jaebum."
"Ahh, I remember JB," he told me. "I was his senior in high school."
"Let's go there then." I smiled, as we walked off around the corner.

♥︎
thank you for reading
please remember to vote

Word Count: 1251